Material Handler I Yard
Handles and maintains the flow of materials and products on the premises according to established guidelines.
What You'll Do:
- Physically handles materials used to construct components and finished products to ensure movement of such items is optimized; lifts, carries, stacks items as needed.
- Operates motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment, some of which may require specialized training.
- Responds attentively to training from foreman or more senior handlers in order to increase own knowledge of work processes.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).This is an entry level position where incumbent will receive on-the-job training.
What You Can Bring to the Team:
- Knowledge of and ability to use motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment
- Manual dexterity
- Knowledge of safety procedures while performing materials handling tasks
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
Work Environment / Physical Activity:
- Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
- May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource,
please call (214) 765-3990 or email: [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish