Material Handler II – 1st shift (2 openings)
The Material Handler will be responsible for performing physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and order fulfillment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment for ADTRAN manufacturing operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the manual and clerical duties associated with shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing, and delivering a variety of materials, equipment, and supplies for ADTRAN manufacturing operations.
- Safely operate forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks, and dollies to perform shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing, and delivering activities.
- Efficiently and accurately issue and transfer parts as per production orders.
- Check goods received and for distribution against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of goods and rejects unsatisfactory items.
- Package and prepare products and merchandise for final shipment and posts weights and shipping charges.
- Follow all ADTRAN operations procedures to ensure inventory accuracy including investigating and correcting inventory discrepancies.
- Prepare and maintain records of merchandise shipped.
- Review customer orders, examine, stock and distribute merchandise, products and materials in inventory warehouses, distribution centers or manufacturing lines.
- Other projects and assignments may result and be assigned to accommodate the changing needs of the department and the Company.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of education requirements
- 2 - 5 years’ prior experience required.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills required.
- Ability to operate a manual pallet jack on daily basis required.
- Valid Driver’s License required
- No travel is expected in this position.
- First Shift: Mon-Thu 6:30am-3:00pm
- Prior manufacturing environment experience is preferred.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software experience preferred
- Experience in safely operating material handling equipment including: Forklift, Pallet Jack, Reach Truck, Order Picker, Hand Truck, Dolly preferred.
Essential Physical and Mental Qualifications:
- The employee must walk and stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 40 pounds without assistance on a repetitive basis and lift materials greater than 40 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity with hands and fingers is necessary to make quick, precisely coordinated movements to grasp, manipulate, and assemble very small objects on a consistent basis.
- Must be able to frequently extend or reach with hands and arms while performing routine job functions including scanners, hand tools, power tools, and production equipment.
- The job will require occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Eye protection, respirators, and safety clothing will be required and supplied by the company in instances where there is exposure to safety hazards.
- Employees may be exposed to solder fumes.
- The job will require the employee to possess the ability to see and interpret instructions, warnings, safety hazards, colors, and procedures, the ability to hear alarms and pages, to listen for safety hazards, to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences, and the ability to communicate with peers through spoken words to complete job requirements.