Material Handler / Inventory Control
Packaging Services Of Maryland, Inc.
Position: Material Handler / Inventory ControlABOUT US
Packaging Services Industries, Inc., began production in 1976 and represents a family of privately owned businesses located in Maryland (MD) and Pennsylvania (PA). Since our inception, PSI has expanded to three plants, located in the Mid-Atlantic region and is staffed by over 350 employees. We feel this progress is directly attributed to our philosophy: to tailor our products to meet customer needs and to provide exemplary customer service - always with product guarantee!
The PSI Group in Williamsport MD, a leading manufacturer of corrugated boxes, is seeking a Material Handler / Inventory Control Tech to join our 1st shift team. This is a full time, Monday through Friday position and require the ability to work overtime on occasion. This position does not require the scheduling flexibility to work a rotating shift. Material Handlers will be responsible for the safe loading, unloading, storage and transportation of materials and finished goods in our manufacturing facility. In addition to manual operations, the safe operation of various equipment to move, load, unload, store, and transport materials and finishing product within our manufacturing facility will include operation of fork trucks, turret trucks, manual pallet jacks, and powered pallet jacks. Some situations may require the ability to move the materials manually. Good attendance is a must!
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety First Mentality
- 3 - 5 years Fork Lift Operator/Material Handler experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to work core schedules as follows:
- 1st shift - 7:00am to 3:30pm (including a 30 minute unpaid lunch) Monday through Friday
- Requires the ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Knowledge of safe fork lift operations.
- Ability to safely lift up to 75 pounds.
- Physical ability to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Physical ability to bend, reach, stoop, crouch or kneel for extended periods of time.
- Experience with warehousing operations and cycle counts is preferred.
- General knowledge of computer and bar code scanning systems.
To be successful in this position, you must be willing to make a commitment of time and effort to become part of a team producing quality corrugated boxes in a safe, drug free environment. Experience in operating fork lifts in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
In addition to a competitive pay and benefit package, PSI offers an opportunity for advancement in a rewarding work environment. ID:uDnQdo