Material Handling Operator
Pioneer Landscape Centers
Colorado Springs, CO
Job Location: Black Forest - Colorado Springs, CO
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $18.00 - $20.00 Hourly
The Material Handling Operator will primarily be operating a front-end loader or forklift, and will be responsible for loading material in customers' trucks and trailers, stockpiling material and sorting material. They may prepare worksites by cleaning them, loading or unloading materials and removing hazards.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loading of bulk material with bucket / fork loaders
- Using equipment such as a:
- 900 Series Front End Loader
- 800 Series Case Skid Steer
- Water truck
- Full range of body motion including handling and operating levers or controls
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Use of foot controlled pedals
- Sitting for extensive periods of time
- Occasionally lifting, pushing, pulling, shoveling, and carrying items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Corrected vision and hearing within normal range
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Ability to handle the bouncing and jarring of the equipment and have the endurance to work long hours (including evenings and weekends during the busy season)
- High School Diploma
- Background in construction, landscaping a plus
- Must be 18 years of age
- Certification in using heavy equipment
CORE VALUES THAT SHOULD BE ADHERED TO:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves company resources.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds company values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports company's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands company's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.