Majestic Steel USA
Majestic Steel is seeking a Material Technician to join our team! Our Material Technicians are versatile players on our team- not only do they move steel with power industrial equipment, they also input information into our system and package material perfectly after it’s been processed. This is the right opportunity for someone who has a strong eye for accuracy and enjoys variety in their day. Majestic Steel has an immaculate facility, strong safety culture and offers competitive compensation & benefits!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Package material to Majestic Steel and/or customer specifications while meeting quality standards on the CTL, RBI, Shear, Beadline or working at the buildup table.
- Review order instructions and handle, label, and package bundles to Majestic Steel and/or customer specifications.
- Identify damage or quality issues to address prior to material leaving the facility.
- Operate all warehouse equipment in a safe and reliable manner
- Report equipment failures or other issues to immediate supervisor.
- Advocate for safety and regularly provide safety observations.
- Maintain a safe and healthful work environment by practicing safe work habits, good housekeeping procedures and adhering to safety guidelines.
- Wear appropriate protective equipment as required and in accordance with safety policies and OSHA standards.
- Assist with housekeeping and provide support in other areas as required.
- Other job related duties and special projects as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience Requirements
- Minimal manufacturing and/or warehouse experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Operate assigned equipment in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to follow processes and procedures.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintain neat and orderly conditions in work area and help maintain and promote safe conditions throughout the facility.
- Communicate with management and co-workers in an effective manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years manufacturing and/or warehouse experience.
- Basic computer skills such as data entry and retrieval.
- Lift truck operation experience.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk; sit; stand; climb; bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl up to 10 hours.
- Must be able to mount, dismount and operate powered industrial equipment.
- Must be able to work in both hot and cold atmospheres depending on weather conditions.
- Must be able to work outside normal business hours/days, as needed, which includes weekdays and weekends.
At Majestic, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where diverse voices are welcomed from associates throughout the entire organization. We have an inclusive culture, where all associates are respected; where different viewpoints, thoughts, and ideas are encouraged and embraced. Majestic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Majestic considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.ID:uDnQdo