Custom One Truck Source
Kansas City, MO
- CTOS upfits vocational / work trucks, aerial devices, boom trucks, cranes, trailers and more.
- Monday - Friday, 7am - 3:30pm
- Currently working 6am - 4:30pm
- Saturday's as needed (Volunteers first)
Compiles and maintains material and parts inventory and status information to expedite movement of material and parts between production areas, according to predetermined production schedules and order priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with production floor and field technicians with identifying materials needed
- Communicate to warehouse lead on delivery priorities for expedited items, both in-bound and on hand items
- Collaborate with engineering any bill of material adjustments based on production floor needs
- Aid inventory control on tagging and quarantining any items that are found defective on production floor and replenishing product
- Procure non-stock, local delivery items
- Request from purchasing any non-local procurements
- Act as a back-up “material handler” during priority pulls or being short-handed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency
- Computer experience – Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel & Networked folder navigational skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively before individual customers or groups of customers or employees of organization or parent organization.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work. Acceptable written and oral communication skills. Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a customer service focus with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to walk; to climb stairs and ladders, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit. The employee is regularly required to move about the facility. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to seek assistance in the lifting of more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Work well within a matrix organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Custom Truck One Source provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.