Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are the doers. The leaders. The makers. Our teams are hungry to make history, acting with integrity to relentlessly improve people’s lives. It’s time to stop dreaming about the future; let’s build it together.
If you are interested in joining our Talent Community, please share your resume with us. When a position that matches your qualifications becomes available it’s that much easier to connect!
Material Handler will perform duties, including but not limited to:
- Receiving, order picking, packing (wrapping, crating, labeling), and shipping of both large and small materials
- Operate various forklift trucks, and other material transport equipment (cranes, tuggers, pallet jacks, etc.) as needed.
- Loading and unloading of trucks
- Parts counting, including inventory audits and cycle-counting.
- Utilize ORACLE and other various PC and web applications to review, enter and edit data.
- Generate shipping labels, packing slips, etc. and verify accuracy.
- Engage in activities to prevent loss or damage of materials.
- General housekeeping of warehouse
- Read and interpret pick tickets, packing instructions, safety alerts, drawings, or other communications as needed.
- Work with other Warehouse Associates and Support Staff on improving warehouse processes through team meetings; promote climate of cooperation.
- Perform all activities in a manner that meets GE Manufacturing Solutions’ standards for integrity, safety and quality.
All Material Handlers will perform multiple tasks in any combination and concentration of the above-mentioned areas and will rotate through all or most of the processes rather than being assigned to a specific task. Warehouse Associates must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to complete all warehouse operations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must be able to lift material <=40 Lbs.
- Must have ability to properly use and care for assigned tools and equipment, forklift, pallet jack.
- Must be able to adhere to standards, do a quality job in a safe manner and within acceptable time; every employee will be an in-process inspector.
- 1 year of experience in manufacturing and warehouse environment
- Prior Forklift Driving experience; Forklift Certification
- Safety mindset; knowledge of safety procedures and practices
- Ability to read and interpret operating procedures, quality and safety documents, or other information critical to job performance, strong communication skills.
- Prior ERP system experience (ORACLE, SAP, etc); computer literacy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the customer in mind
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Manual dexterity for using hand tools to perform essential functions.
Wabtec is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment, we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.ID:uDnQdo