Colorado Springs, CO
Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
The Materials Manager will lead and be responsible for all material strategy as required to provide master scheduling based on SIOP including rough cut capacity plan, finite production scheduling, material planning, material control, shipping/receiving/distribution and all materials project initiatives. This position is also a key enabler of lean and continuous improvement in the plant. In addition, this position is accountable for materials department indirect labor productivity. Key performance indicators for this position are inventory turns, on-time shipping to request date and/or order fill rate, and days past due.
Provides leadership to managers and professional employees. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related teams or a complex team. Develops policies and plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Decision-making is guided by department/area objectives. Requires a comprehensive understanding of internal and industry standards and principles. Applies in-depth understanding of the business dynamics of how own area integrates within the sub-function. Manages multiple related teams or a complex team (e.g., multiple geographies or disciplines), sets organizational priorities and allocates resources; executes business plans for own area of responsibility. Identifies and resolves complex multi-dimensional business problems. Impacts the business results of an area by setting priorities, allocating resources, and developing policies and plans. Guided by AOP plans. Influence’s others internally and may influence others externally, including functional or business unit leadership, suppliers.
What You Will Do:
- Primary point of responsibility for materials management for the site.
- Ensures optimization of all materials management activities including scheduling, purchasing, inventory control, materials movement, supplier performance measurement, and indirect materials management.
- Responsible for the implementation, support and compliance of the Materials and SIOP standard work playbook processes and systems to facilitate the fulfillment process from production planning to material procurement and warehousing, through product shipment.
- Facilitates interaction with Customer Service, Order Management, Sourcing, Engineering, Bill of Materials, Accounting, Product Management, Sales & Marketing and Quality Assurance in support of the business’s strategic goals.
- Develop and drive countermeasures for underperforming key processes and/or material suppliers.
- Provide leadership in selecting, developing and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of materials functions and Allegion’s operating goals and objectives.
- Manage suppliers, materials and inventory in a manner consistent with the requirements of a Lean Six-Sigma manufacturing environment.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Organize activities & assigning jobs accordingly to the staff requirements.
- Provide required support to Global Procurement Commodity Leaders as needed during supplier selection process.
- Promote APICS certification within the facility.
- Develop and implement a professional development program for materials personnel.
- Ensure alignment of the production plan to the published SIOP consensus plan.
- Drive improved supplier relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering discipline (MBA desirable).
- APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), or commitment to obtain within the first 18 months of employment.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the integrated functions of materials management in a manufacturing environment that has embraced lean concepts, MRP manufacturing practices, and progressive supplier relationships.
- A minimum of 10 years in managerial experience focusing on standardizing planning & execution, reducing sourcing complexity, and talent development.
- Experience with rate-based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments.
- Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
- Experience with visual management systems.
Why Work for Us?
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career if:
- You're seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help others. With thousands of employees and customers around the world, there’s plenty of room to make an impact. As our values state, “this is your business, run with it”.
- You’re looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us.
- You want a culture that promotes work-life balance. Our employees enjoy generous paid time off, because at Allegion we recognize that you have a full life outside of work!
What You’ll Get from Us:
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage, helping you “be safe, be healthy”
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- A commitment to your future with a 401K plan, which currently offers a 6% company match and no vesting period
- Health Savings Accounts – Tax-advantaged savings account used for healthcare expenses
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Tax-advantaged spending accounts for healthcare and/or dependent daycare expenses
- Disability Insurance –Short-Term and Long-Term coverage, paid for by Allegion, provides income replacement for illness or injury
- Life Insurance – Term life coverage with the option to purchase supplemental coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Wellness Program – Simply complete wellness activities and earn up to $2,000 in rewards
- Employee Discounts through Perks at Work
- Community involvement and opportunities to give back so you can “serve others, not yourself”
- Opportunities to leverage your unique strengths through CliftonStrengths assessment & coaching
Compensation: This range is provided by Allegion. Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience.
- The expected Base Salary Range: $85,100 - $158,000. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law.
Join our team of experts today and help us make tomorrow’s world a safer place!
Not sure if your experience perfectly aligns with the role? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification and every single preferred qualification of a job posting. At Allegion, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every item in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this role.
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
© Allegion plc, 2020 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer