Ranger Energy Services, Inc.
The Mechanic will be responsible for repairing and maintaining a variety of engines and diesel engines used to power our fleet trucks, tractor trailers and tankers using hand tools, and machine tools. Our fleet is multi-brand and multi-year. DOT compliance knowledge is a must in keeping our fleet safely on the road. Work is performed in both office and shop settings so exposure to dust, dirt and common mechanical and shop chemicals can be expected; must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend, twist and lift and move up to 50 pounds regularly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs annual inspections on trucks, trailers, and pickups
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services
- Performs inspections, diagnostics and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment
- Perform all DOT inspections to ensure fleet is in safe and road worthy condition
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs
- Estimates time on vehicle repairs and completes requisitions for new parts
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles, removing unsafe vehicles from service
- Completes required paperwork, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times, DOT reporting, etc.
- Reviews, completes repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Maintains a clean, safe work area, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
- Clean driving record, no DUIs in the last 5 years
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be self-motivated and customer service-oriented while being an effective team player
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment
- Basic knowledge of MS Office preferred
Must complete and pass all required pre-employment screenings.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Ranger Energy Services is an oil & gas completion and production solutions company with a foundation built on well servicing, wireline, and natural gas processing. Ranger Energy is committed to providing employees with a benefits program that is both comprehensive and competitive. The programs are designed to invest in you and the things you care about – your health, your family, and your future. Come join our team of highly skilled, motivated employees, working on state-of-the-art equipment with outstanding compensation and additional benefits, including:
- Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- PTO (depending on eligibility)