Noble Casing, Inc.
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs trucks and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Inspects and tests vehicles to ensure safety. Reports irregularities, defects, malfunctions and equipment abuse to shop manager.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
- Dismantles machine or equipment to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part.
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces part from various kinds of metal stock.
- Follow all service policies and procedures to ensure safety, profitability and accuracy.
- Maintain and be accountable for all company-owned tools and equipment including returning to proper storage location when done.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Recommends the replacement of equipment necessary to ensure fleet effectiveness.
- Teach drivers how to recognize problems before they result in an equipment malfunction. Encourage drivers to ask questions and offer suggestions.
- Participate in the construction of specialized tools and equipment.
- Sets up and operates machines to make test runs and experimental products.
- Inspects work in progress and finished products.
- Confers with supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Attain industry certifications as required. Keep abreast of manufacturer updates and technical bulletins.
- Learn to use new information technology as it becomes available.
- Mentor less-skilled mechanics and technicians as assigned.
- CDL preferred but not required.
- Experience with pumps and Duetz Engines preferred.
- Experience with hydraulics preferred.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge of oilfield machinery and vehicles; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Project Management - Coordinates multiple projects effectively.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; works cooperatively in group situations.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; keeps others adequately informed.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or minimum of two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver's license with a clean driving history
Legally eligible to work in the United States
Successfully complete a pre-employment drug test; background check; physical; criminal history check; and a vehicle record review.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is our preferred guideline for insured drivers. Individual exceptions may be considered to some degree.
Requiring Driver Exclusions:
- One or more Type A Violation(s) in a 60 month period
- Two or more Type B Violation(s) in a 36 month period
- Three or more Type C Violation(s) in a 36 month period
- One Type B and two Type C Violations in a 36 month period
Type of Violations Defined:
- Type A: Includes but not limited to, DWI, DUI, OUI, refusing a substance test and charges of reckless driving, manslaughter, hit & run, eluding police, any felony, drag racing, having or driving with a suspended license.
- Type B: Includes all vehicle accidents regardless of fault.
- Type C: Includes all moving violations not in Types A or B such as; speeding, improper lane change, failure to yield, running stop lights or signs.
- Type D: Included non-moving violations such as illegal parking, equipment violations, obstructing traffic, failure to display registration or driver’s license.