Par Hawaii Refining, LLC
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor. This position is responsible for performing hands-on maintenance and installation of Refinery equipment. Primarily responsible for the quality repair and preventative maintenance of all refinery machinery (compressors, turbines, engine pumps). As part of your specific responsibilities, in the following areas, you will:
- Responsible for precision machining of refinery equipment and part using shop tools (lathe, milling machine, etc.)
- Works with Refinery operators, Shop Supervisors, Planners, other mechanics, maintenance reliability group and engineering to perform analytical troubleshooting of machinery failures.
- Involved in all aspect of removing, repairing, and installing refinery machinery in both a field and shop environment.
- Will be required to train and operate utility equipment such as a forklift, manlift, etc.
- Will be required to assist in all general craft of maintenance, as workload requires.
- Responsibility for compliance with all refinery environmental, health and safety standards.
- Compliance with all Safety, Health and Environmental Standards.
- Assembling tools and materials.
- Understand and take direction of Supervisors.
- Work with others.
- Communicate to others and to Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Full-time position at a Growth-Oriented Energy Company
- Work in a collaborative environment where strong communication and relationship building skills are essential. We’re better together and are creating a cohesive, high-impact group, rather than a hierarchy
- Enjoy a 9/80 work schedule where every other Friday off allows for work-life balance
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To be a good fit for the Mechanic opportunity, you will have:
- Minimum two (2) years trade school preferred
- Five (5) years’ experience as a Mechanic, Machinist or Boilermaker preferred.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License with acceptable Driver’s Abstract
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to take call outs and work overtime as needed
- Cannot be afraid of heights or of being in confined spaces such as drums, towers or tanks
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
More Good Reasons to work for Par:
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific -- a niche player in the energy space that operates in logistically complex markets. And there's certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. We are driven, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professionals that love to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in.
Location, location, location
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. The office where you'll work is in the Kapolei (Campbell Industrial Park). Located on the southwest side of O’ahu, Kapolei, named for the volcanic cone Pu’u of Kapolei, is colloquially known as the “second city.” It is a vibrant, affluent city that is growing rapidly and is within a few miles from beautiful beaches, camp sites and adventure parks.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; a robust allotment of paid time off; a 401(k) with company match; retirement savings plans; educational reimbursement; and more.
Keys to Success
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude. Candidates should have a natural thirst for knowledge and curiosity to drive personal and professional development.
In addition, in order to be a successful Mechanic (Machinist), you will:
- Be able to show a full understanding and awareness of safety and environmental and how it affects the various relationships the company has with people and its surroundings. To probe into the negative impact, the cause and having the abilities to problem solve.
- Have a positive and readiness in attitude. To plan prior to and maintain cleanliness with any job assignment given.
- Effectively update supervisors and co-workers on the status of job assignments. Knowing how and what means to convey the subject matter at hand.
- Have the team mind set and provide support or assistance willingly.
- Be able to write clearly and communicate effectively.
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, owns, manages and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses. We are a growing energy company focused on renewable and conventional fuels in the Western United States. We own and operate refineries in Hawaii, Montana, Washington and Wyoming, with total operating throughput capacity of over 218 Mbpd. Par Pacific owns and operates one of the largest energy networks in Hawaii with 94,000 bpd of operating refining capacity, a logistics system supplying the major islands of the state and 90 retail locations. In the Pacific Northwest and the Rockies, Par Pacific owns and operates 124,000 bpd of combined refining capacity, related multimodal logistics systems, and 33 retail locations. Par Pacific also owns 46% of Laramie Energy, LLC, a natural gas production company with operations and assets concentrated in Western Colorado. Our common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the trading symbol "PARR".
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Par Pacific prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.ID:uDnQdo