Mechanic – OTR
This role is responsible for performing planned maintenance, installation and repairs on heavy duty equipment. Additionally, this role will troubleshoot malfunctions to diagnose the issues and communicate a resolution. This position will interact with our customers with the goal of providing exceptional customer service. The ideal candidate will be able to successfully perform within tight deadlines, manage multiple projects, and work comfortably in a fast-paced, detail orientated environment.
- Minimum 1-year basic auto heavy duty maintenance experience
- Valid state certifications in heavy duty brakes and suspension
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve a must
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, well-organized, and quality focused
- Customer service driven
- Capable of using tablets to record service updates
- Perform preventive maintenance, testing and repair on equipment and vehicles to ensure safe and operational.
- Troubleshoot/diagnosis equipment and accessories to determine malfunction and proper resolutions.
- Provide exceptional, professional, and clear communication to customers during all field visits
- Timely complete and provide appropriate documentation to internal and/or external customer as needed
- Collaborate with technical teams to share information across the organization.
- Operate and maintain industrial equipment such as, forklifts, aerial lifts, scissor lifts, pallet jacks, sweeper/scrubbers, etc.
- Regularly use tools, including voltmeter, hydrometer, hydraulic crimper, torch kit, other basic hand tools.
- Follow all safety policy and procedures.
- Drive to customer locations to perform duties outlined.