Mechanic – Rail Truck Upfit (Hydraulics, Electrical)
Custom One Truck Source
Kansas City, MO
Responsible for performing heavy duty modifications on Rail trucks and truck mounted equipment in accordance with Custom Truck and factory standards under the general direction of the Rail Shop Manager. You will work be Up-fitting and working in Installation Production working on Service Trucks.
See CTOS Rail equipment https://www.customtruck.com/new-used/rail
Carl in recruiting 816-912-7068
- Mon - Fri, 6am – 330pm (OT and Saturdays as needed depends on production)
- You will support up fitting vocational work trucks used by railroads.
- Seeking mechanics skills and aptitude and experience with hand tools, electrical wiring and / or hydraulics is desired.
- Must have tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation and removal of different types of truck bodies and equipment.
- Modification of truck wheelbases.
- Installation and removal of truck suspensions.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with Custom Truck and factory standards.
- Fabrication and installation of components related to truck equipment installations.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all tools at all times.
- Uses and maintains all necessary shop equipment required to complete any repairs or PM inspections.
- Disposes of used oil, grease, antifreeze and filters in the assigned location to insure EPA compliance.
- Cleans and properly equips assigned area to perform all necessary repairs to equipment.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Ensures that customers’ trucks are kept clean.
- Works with all departments in harmony.
- Must have a working knowledge and understanding of the Company’s Job Safety policies pertaining to this position. Attends and participates in Custom Truck safety training classes.
- Welding and fabrication.
- Knowledge of 12V electrical systems including multi-plex wiring.
- Basic understanding of truck mounted hydraulic systems and installation procedures.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal installation instructions.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Vocational Technical School / Military Wheeled Mechanic / OJT or related training a plus
- ASE, Mechanics, Welding certifications are a plus
- Physical effort to move objects and tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds; frequent stooping, bending, squatting, and kneeling
- Ability to use various windows-based computer software.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Competitive Health Care
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- STD/ LTD
- Partner Discounts
- Investment in Employee Development
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Custom Truck One Source provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.