National Oilwell Varco
NOV Fluid Motion Solutions is looking for a day shift Assembler at our Houston, TX facility. The position requires light assembly of component and use of various manufacturing equipment including grinders, heat treating furnace, brazing equipment, and other machinery.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates equipment such as heat-treating furnace, brazing equipment, plasma cutter, punch press, and several hand-tools.
- Performs complete assembly and/or sub-assembly of all size manufactured machines, components, and equipment.
- Use hand tools and equipment, sometimes with repetitive movements, to produce components in batches of 1 to 100.
- Fits, aligns, and adjust assemblies to specifications per working drawings.
- Uses special jigs, fixtures, and testing devices during the assembly operation as required to successfully complete assigned tasks.
- Uses saws and hand-tools to create wood skids and wood packaging for our custom-sized products.
- Operates forklifts and cranes to move components and/or sub-assemblies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to pass a drug screen & background check.
- Willing & able to work overtime when required.
- Good knowledge and application of basic shop math.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift and crane certification.
- Strong communication skills with Supervisor and other Operators.
- Able to work well in a team environment as well as self-directed when working independently.
- Must have a practical knowledge of cutting tools, saws, woodworking, and hand tools.
- Must be capable of reading blueprints, basic programs, and sketches.
- Must be familiar with and be able to use precision measuring equipment.
- Able to stand for entire shift, lift to 20 lbs. frequently, and use both hands for repetitive movements.
- Standing, Walking, Bending/Stooping, & Push/Pull up to 12 hours daily.
- Repetitive Movement (shoveling/sweeping/fastening) up to 12 hours daily.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Competitive Benefits: We offer a competitive benefits package starting first date of employment that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K savings plan, paid time-off, and starting at 3 weeks of vacation!
For more specifics, please visit our benefits page https://usbenefits.nov.com/ID:uDnQdo