Microfluidics International Corp.
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
Works with the High Energy Laser (HEL) team to design, build, and optimize mechanical assemblies. This work will include making tooling for coating optics, packaging of delicate optics, optimizing the mechanical designs of coating chambers, and optimizing and developing processes for fabrication of optics. Our optical components are set apart by their state-of-the-art performance and reliability, which depends upon superb mechanical engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with a team of engineers and scientists to meet project deadlines
- Independently performing high complexity design assignments from work orders given
- Designing and implementing opto-mechanical systems using Solid Works
- Supporting the design and overseeing the manufacture of test fixtures and manufacturing tooling for use in optical component manufacturing
- Assisting with the writing of the following types of documents as needed: progress reports, patents, manuals, white papers, and proposals
- Customer, part sourcing, B.O.M. and vendor management
- Optimization of coating chamber mechanical components
- Troubleshooting and optimizing mechanical designs
- Developing processes and tools for the fabrication of optics including shaping and CNC machining
- Other duties/ functions as determined by business need or assigned by the manager or his/her designate
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Demonstrate exceptional initiative in seeking out problems and solutions of all sizes
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- Read and understand a variety of job-related instructions and documents, including engineering drawings
- Collect, compile and understand basic mathematical calculations and statistical data
- Set personal deadlines and project schedules
- Develop, organize, prioritize, and manage projects and time
- Document meticulously
- Demonstrate and practice a detail-oriented approach to work
- Identify, research and resolve issues
- Work well with time and production limitations
- Acquire substantial knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures and products
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with optical test equipment
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of a variety of database or process software
- Demonstrate mechanical skill
- Train employees
Education / Experience:
- B.S. or higher in Industrial/Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering or related field or the equivalence in work experience.
- Five or more years experience in the field of mechanical engineering or a related field. Familiar with using design software such as Solidworks.
- Experience with optics preferred
This position may require lawful access to ITAR/EAR controlled information and employees in this role will need to meet those requirements. Requirements include US Citizenship, US Permanent Residence or ability to meet contract-specific licensure requirements.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
Total RewardsThe compensation range for this position is $81,900.00 - $122,900.00, depending on experience. This position may be eligible for performance based bonus plan.
Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include: Health benefits, 401(k) retirement savings program with company match, PTO, and more. More information on our benefits and rewards can be found on our career page: https://www.idexcorp.com/careers/our-benefit-and-rewards/
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com for assistance with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not inquire as to the status of an application.ID:uDnQdo