Cornerstone Chemical Co.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Maintenance Engineer (Turbo Machinery) reports to the Maintenance Engineering Manager and is Accountable for maintenance engineering and mechanical engineering support for the rotating equipment assigned to them by the Maintenance Engineering Manager. The primary responsibility is to provide engineering expertise that facilitates the safe, consistent, reliable, and cost effective operation of rotating equipment while supporting Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements and driving continuous improvement in Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
- Provides day to day maintenance engineering support for rotating equipment in particular turbo machinery (i.e. troubleshooting, repair plans, etc.).
- Supports continuous improvement by providing specifications and designs for mechanical equipment improvements to rotating equipment (i.e. pumps, blowers, agitators, heat exchangers, compressors, etc..)
- Accurately adheres to the documentation requirements for the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Participate and provide expertise for Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Why Tree’s to determine root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Works with procurement team and vendors for repairs or for the purchase of spare, replacement, or new equipment.
- Builds equipment Bill of Materials (BOM) in the maintenance management system.
- Supports the company and site programs for Health, Safety, and Environment.
- Participates as the mechanical engineering resource for capital project teams in the areas assigned.
- Mentors and supports the maintenance technicians in your area of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to the Mechanical Integrity Team
- Works with reliability engineering sustaining and continuously improving the equipment reliability program.
- Works closely and collaboratively with the manufacturing, process/production engineering, and maintenance teams.
- Acts as Reliability Engineering liaison with Engineering Contractor for projects in order to ensure policies, procedures, standards and specifications are met.
- Writes or approves project scopes (Capital spares, spare parts, etc.)
- Marks and approves drawings
- Represents business unit at Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) as needed and set standards for implementing site and corporate Mechanical Integrity & Quality Assurance standards.
- Results oriented with continuous improvement mind set
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse work group of vendors, executive managers, subcontractors, consultants and other professionals
- Organized, able to manage multiple activities, and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communications/interpersonal skills to allow productive collaborative relationships with varying levels of the organization from technicians to management.
- Ability to help develop and improve skill set of co-workers
- Manufacturing plant experience (Chemical Plant Preferred): 4 years minimum
- Demonstrated knowledge specifying rotating equipment used on a chemical plant site adhering to applicable standards: 5 years minimum
- Knowledge of ASME codes and standards
- Knowledge of API standards 619
- Engineer in Training or Professional Engineering License in good standing
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP)
- Category 1 or higher vibration analyst certification
- Level 1 or higher thermography or ultrasound certification
- Machine Lubrication Analyst 1 or higher certification
- Engineering in Training or Professional Engineering License in good standing
- Knowledge of applicable RAGAGEPs including API, ASTM
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) OSHA 1910.119
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software
EDUCATION:Minimum Required: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent practical work experience
Cornerstone Chemical Company is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.