Mechanical Engineering Intern
Ideal target start date is October 2023, spring semester is acceptable. The posting isn’t for Summer.
- Support CAD/dwgs using Solidworks
- Support buying/3d-printing parts
- Support prototyping activities
- Assembles components to ensure correct geometric fit
- Start working from draft assembly documentation that may include assembly drawings and procedures and finalize the assembly documentation for production.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare assembly documentation for production
- Contribute to the test plans, which may include IP67 water ingress, electrical functionality…etc, of the assemblies made in the lab environment
- Assemble parts into sub-systems or complete systems
- Complete production/quality related documentation.
- Assemble repairs and fabricate parts by operating mechanical equipment or tools, in conjunction with adhering to proper handling and safety requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
- Mechanical Engineering Student (Junior or Senior preferable)
- Capable of performing mechanical assembly of electronic packaging
- Experience developing assembly process in a non-production lab environment
- Experience handling mechanical assembly equipment
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Experience inspecting parts using calipers, micrometers…etc
- Team player working with other technicians and engineers in projects
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- MS Office Proficient