About Us: Established in 1987, R&R Mechanical is full service mechanical contractor that specializes in HVAC and plumbing construction, self-performing the piping work with journeymen from Steamfitter's Local 602 and Plumber's Local 5 unions.
R&R Mechanical has also selectively performed base and new building construction, School Construction, and specialty piping projects. The Company currently has gross annual receipts of roughly $70 million, an available bonding capacity of $70 million, an insurance experience modifier of 0.88, and is licensed in all local jurisdictions.
Job Summary: R&R Mechanical LLC is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Estimator who will interact externally with engineers, architects, consultants, owners, representatives and equipment vendors.
Job Title: Mechanical Estimator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for estimation processes and techniques for conceptual and interpretive drafting of design-build or plan/spec projects.
- Confer with personnel, production scheduling and coordination with Project management team.
- Research, develop, and prepare design documents as well as review of completed work to determine adequacy and accuracy of drawings and design.
- Review and analyze project design criteria to determine project nature and scope, special requirements and specifications.
- Develop personal knowledge and awareness of current market trends.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information.
- Ability to prepare a detailed take-off outlining the true cost of installation.
- Ability to review and comprehend a set of project documents and drawings to accurately estimate project cost (i.e. materials, labor, and associated disciplines of construction).
- Apprise project managers of existing or anticipated engineering design or obstacles and furnishes solutions to overcome problems.
- Develop and maintain design files and correspondence including: estimating log, project files, spreadsheets, detailed take-offs, vendor/subcontractor notifications, scope letters, bid/ quote forms, etc.
- Organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to visualize assigned project end results in order to identify specific installation details or project challenges that may be encountered during construction/installation.
- Provide notification to vendors and subcontractors quotation requirements.
- Cultivate business relationships with clients, professionals, associations, construction related organizations, and other community groups.
- May conduct customer / client meetings, project walk through and confers on prospective projects with other departments for input, irregularities, priorities, and strategies.
- Assess current projects' design status and assists in formulating strategies and approaches that would provide for current needs and future opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred, high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
The position requires relevant technical knowledge and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the mechanical construction estimating field. Additionally, knowledge of estimating software and strong administrative and communication skills are also required.
Ability to read, interpret and analyze routine business communications and to compose standard business correspondence. Must be able to present information, data, facts and figures across all organizational levels.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to perform simple mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averages and percentages.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and physically able to survey equipment at job sites. Must be able to perform work outdoors in year round weather conditions while surveying equipment.
This position works in a typical office environment. Work also includes standing, walking and climbing at customer locations as needed. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required while performing certain tasks.
R&R Mechanical LLC requires all new hires to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. R&R Mechanical LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled