Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineer
BETA Aviation Fueling Systems
For 50 years, BETA Fueling Systems in Reidsville, NC has led the aviation industry in the manufacture of reliable and safe refueling equipment. Our mission is to fuel solutions that exceed customer expectations and ensure team member fulfillment with the highest degree of safety, professionalism and technical expertise. We seek associates that are humble (check your ego at the door), hungry (do what it takes with a sense of urgency), smart (focus on the end user and provide fanatical support), innovative (never stop getting better), and collaborative (work well as part of a team). To apply for this position, please visit www.betafueling.com/careers.
The Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineer’s primary role at Beta Fueling Systems is to support the design and manufacture of aviation ground support vehicles and systems. It will be the this Engineer's responsibility to create drawing packages, create 3D CAD Layouts, work with manufacturing/assembly to optimize production and quality, and implement solutions which deliver exceptional value to our customers on budget by the scheduled date of completion. This person will have the ability to self-manage multiple assignments and requests in a dynamic work environment and will employ sound design practices in tandem with industry-accepted design practices. The project scope may vary from a complete vehicle drawing package to day-to-day production line emergencies. This position is in Reidsville, NC.
- Design mechanical layouts systems in 3D CAD (SolidWorks Preferred)
- Creating parts, assemblies, and drawings in SolidWorks
- Designing high-end parametric parts in
- Inventing new design solutions in CAD, based on the customer or engineering requirements
- Develop innovative designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability,
serviceability, cost, and manufacturability
- Analyze and validate material/component selection, tolerances, performance, cost, and
- Provide documentation and support to field service technicians and sales
- Collaborate with engineers and other departments on product design
- Complete comprehensive bills of material and update BOM and raw material
- Create part masters and correspond with purchasing team to procure alternate components as necessary.
- Provide engineering support during the build process
- Update schematics
- Participate in design reviews and prototype builds
- Evolve and develop best practices for CAD/Drawings
- Develop part build files for automated equipment (Waterjet, Plasma and Plasma Pipe Cutter, Label Engraver, CNC Lathe, Future equipment that BETA installs)
- Maintain and operate label engraver
- Support equipment optimization initiatives and new equipment procurement and integration
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering is preferred
- 3D Modeling Software Experience (SolidWorks preferred)
- 2D Drafting Software Experience (AutoCAD or DraftSight)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of manufacturing equipment (Plasma cutting, Waterjet table, CNC Lathe, Welding, Plate Bending, CNC tube bending)
- High energy, strong communication skills and the ability to adapt to new challenges
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, and technical manuals
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- As needed travel domestically and abroad
- Familiar with industrial safety environment and use of common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, welding helmet, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats (BETA will provide or reimburse)
- Sight, hearing, speech, and written communication capabilities sufficient to interact well with individuals and groups
- Design experience in welded structures and framing, pipe layouts, sheet metal design, and other mechanical systems
- Experience with Product Data Management (PDM) systems for drawing revision control (i.e., SolidWorks PDM)
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. (i.e., Jobscope)
- Experience with laser engraving or CNC router engraving
BETA offers paid time off, nine paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. We offer a 401(k) plan and flexible spending accounts to help manage your medical expenses. We offer a supportive team environment. Pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check required.
BETA Fueling Systems, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Disclaimer Statement: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions associated with a particular job. It is intended to be only a general description of the principal requirements common to positions of this type.