Mechanical/Electrical Installation Technician
Rock Hill, SC
LOCATION: Installation Technicians can live anywhere in the USA
- The Mechanical/Electrical Installation Technician is responsible for providing mechanical and electrical installation activities for Comecer equipment with our North American (NA) customers.
- Will perform installation of mechanical assemblies.
- Will perform installation of electrical components, cables, and wires as well as pneumatic lines and devices.
- The markets this position services include Radiopharma, Pharma and Cell & Gene Therapy (ATMP) projects in North America; including, but are not limited to:
- Radiopharma – shielded hot cells and automation, synthesis and dispensing modules for vials and syringes, LAF shielded isolators, sterility testing isolators, VPHP generators for sterilization, solid target processing systems, dose calibrators, glove testers, and VPHP sterilization modules
- Pharma – aseptic handling and filling of liquid and powder APIs, dispensing custom R&D isolators, potent API processing Isolators (PAPI), modular sterility testing isolators (MSTI), ATEX isolators, Baby Phill small batch vial filling, Combo Phill aseptic filling line for RTU vials syringes, cartridges, fully automated combination product end-to-end filling systems, Speedy Glove, DeconBox™
- Cell & Gene Therapy (ATMP) – modular cell culture isolator (MCCI), incubation system for advanced therapy labs FlexyCult™
Essential Job Duties:
- Following the directives of the Installation Commissioning Manager or other Comecer supervision, this position is responsible for the phases of material preparation, assembly, on-site testing, disassembly, installation at the customer's site and subsequent testing if required
- Assemble the mechanical components utilizing assembly and detail drawings, following other company diagrams/instructions and installation and operation manuals
- Install electrical and controls components utilizing electrical and pneumatic schematics, assembly and detail drawings, following other company diagrams/instructions and installation and operation manuals
- Wire and label components following electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Report, document and communicate non-conformities, malfunctions or production defects to the Installation and Commissioning Manager or other Comecer supervision
- Make adjustments using the tools and equipment provided (e.g. wrenches, drill, screwdriver, grinder, welders) in case of non-compliance on internal production products or for improvements according to the technical specifications
- Carry out, with the assistance of the Installation and Commissioning Manager or other Comecer supervision, the functional testing of the subassemblies for the performance of the machines. (FAT and SAT)
- Perform the disassembly and packaging of machinery
- Keeps materials, assigned or common equipment and the cleaning of workstations in order, in compliance with the safety regulations and 5S methods
- Ship and receive customer orders, stock shipments, and installation equipment.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, vendors, and customers. Seek opportunities to expand network and promote Comecer and ATS brands.
- Continually seek technical and product training.
- At least a two-year Industrial Technical diploma with Mechanical / Electrical emphasis or equivalent work experience.
- An excellent understanding of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical components, along with the ability to read drawings is essential.
- Must be able to work in a multi-disciplined environment, often under pressure and strict time constants. Experience in dealing with customers to resolve problems is required.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluency in English
- Possesses excellent time-management skills.
- Resilient, ability to remain calm under pressure, self-driven, attentive to detail, consistent, and process driven.
- Must be eligible and able to travel domestically & internationally within 30 days from hire date and legally eligible to operate a vehicle, as this is an essential job function.