MEP Field Manager
SitelogIQ is a rapidly growing energy and facility services company. We provide planning, design, and management solutions for organizations that want efficient and sustainable building environments that are healthier and safer for their occupants. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including medical and dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our MEP Field Manager will coordinate the project’s mechanical, plumbing, fire protection and electrical aspects from pre-construction through construction and post-construction phases.
You will assist the project team in all phases of the project.
MEP Field Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for direct management of the safety, quality, and conformance of all MEP scope on the construction project
- Provides constructability
- Supports preconstruction activities to ensure consistency with other projects
- Ensures all field installations are in reviews and Value Engineering into the design process
- Validates that drawings and specifications accurately reflect the desired construction quality and scope
- Visit project sites assigned and provide site inspections of MEP installations
- Monitor project for adherence to plans and specifications, contractual requirements, code compliance and compliance with industry accepted standards such as ASHRAE, SMACNA, NFPA, and NEC
- Oversight of MEP installations to ensure quality control
- Maintain work to complete/punch lists of MEP trades
- Process and forward weekly activity report to the Project Executive, PM, PE, Superintendent, and direct supervisor
- Participate in the submittal and change order process for MEP phases when needed
- Assist the Project Team with the MEP coordination shop drawing process, and the MEP coordination in relation to all contract documents through all project phases
- Facilitate all field coordination of all MEP phases
- Assist the Project Team to interpret MEP drawings and specifications
- Monitor MEP contractors to ensure that correct equipment and systems are installed
- Assist with MEP problem resolution.
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent to develop, monitor and update the project schedule and manage the project regarding MEP phases
- Partner with the client, architects, and subcontractors
- Participate, educate, and assist management in the commissioning process
- Assist with preconstruction and estimating
- Participate in constructability reviews of design documents
- Conduct or participate in MEP training opportunities
- Support Operations Team with procurement assistance, including developing the scope of work when needed
- Collaborate with Operations Team and BIM Coordinator in developing BIM models and overall coordination drawings from the MEP Systems
- Fully develop Scopes of work, lead Subcontractor de-scope meetings, and negotiate Subcontracts for the MEP trades
- Independently evaluate and troubleshoot issues associated with MEP systems with a detailed and whole-system approach to identify the root cause of problems.
- Observes key installation and test procedures to ensure conformance with project goals and to gather information for operational documentation and training
- Read and understand MEP drawings and specifications
- Physically able to evaluate progress at construction sites
Development Architecture Qualifications:
- BS. degree in Construction Technology, Mechanical Engineering, or other related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 12+ years of consistent and progressively responsible MEP construction experience.
- Experience in MEP construction project management with combined MEP contract values above $15 million.
- Experience across all market sectors of our business including but not limited to healthcare, higher education, multifamily, senior living, laboratory, & Commercial
- Ability to commission the MEP systems for a building.
- LEED Accreditation is a plus.
- Fully understand MEP equipment and systems including but not limited chillers, boilers, HVAC pumps, FCU, WSHP, AHU, RTU, ERV, Fans, VRF, air and water balancing, plumbing booster pumps and sewerage ejectors, fire pumps, emergency generators, switchgear.
- Working knowledge of building codes, DOH requirements, NFPA, NEC, ASHRAE, SMACNA, and other recognized authorities in the industry.
- Completed ASHE HCC training is a plus
More About SitelogIQ
At SitelogIQ, we’re focused on creating a great environment for our team first so that it is more energizing and rewarding to focus on creating a great experience for our customers. That’s what we call a win-win.
Through our core values and behaviors, we’ve built a strong company foundation. We support innovation and excel at delivering above expectations. We embrace flexibility, don’t settle for mediocrity or complacency, and reward tenacity and results. We support high-performing people and are energized by each other. Whether at the jobsite, in the office, or enjoying an event, we have assembled a best-in-class team who knows how to drive measurable results through meaningful work and have a great time together.
We partner with clients in K-12, higher ed, government, healthcare, multifamily housing, and industry to optimize energy efficiency, improve indoor air quality, address lighting, and improve the customer experience. With offices across the country, it’s rewarding to make a difference in the communities where our teammates live and work.
If you’re energetic and want to be part of a high-performing team as our MEP Field Manager, we should talk!
SitelogIQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.