Merchandiser – Des Moines
Atlantic Bottling Co.
Des Moines, IA
Overview/Function: The Merchandiser plays a key role in the sales process of Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company products. They visit customer locations setting out product, rotating new product, and install and maintain point-of-sale displays. Schedule is a 4/10 schedule. Work week will involve 3 weekdays & 1 weekend day.
- Follow Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling’s merchandising standards and sales campaign diagrams.
- Set out and rotate products to make visually appealing to consumers and to positively reflect the company and iconic Coca-Cola brand image.
- Act as corporate liaison for sales team and ensure professional contact with customers, while maintaining a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Follow proper rotation procedure for all product areas (i.e. shelving, coolers, displays and back-stock).
- Install and maintain point of sale items such as: discount coupons, channel price tags, display headers, pole signs, static clings, etc.
- Assist Account Manager with price-management issues.
- Communicate timely to the sales/account manager and/or supervisor any account issues or potential opportunities.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area while ensuring a safe environment for themselves, customers, and consumers. Keep back stock area organized, clean, and condensed per company and customer standards.
- Regularly perform minor as-needed maintenance on displays, and report escalated repairs to Merchandising Supervisor.
- Other duties as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED
- Ability to follow directions
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent team-player
- Customer-focused with the ability to positively and effectively interact with customers is essential
- Ability to make frequent visits to multiple customer sites each day
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze and effectively solve on-site problems, while under potentially stressful situations
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to varying situations
- Regular, consistent attendance is an essential job function
- The role will travel to various customer sites, as a result each environment will vary.
- This position is very active and requires regular standing, walking, twisting, grasping, reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, sitting, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climb stairs. The employee may frequently lift and/or move items over 55 lbs. Some manual finger, hand, and arm dexterity, and to potentially work around cramped and tight spaces will be needed.
- Extensive regional day travel is required with this role.
- The role is considered a safety sensitive position.
Note: No posting can contain a fully comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required in this role. Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company offers a dynamic, ever-changing environment requiring flexibility and a willing, team-based attitude. Some duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
To ensure the safety of our employees, our customers, and our products, Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company offers a drug-free workplace. Employees are subject to pre-employment/post-offer drug and random drug testing.