Merchandiser (FT and PT Shifts)
FULL-TIME SHIFT: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 7:00am - 3:30pm (half hour lunch)
PART-TIME SHIFT: Friday - Sunday
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for product merchandising within large volume stores. Duties include stocking shelves, rotating product, setting up displays, cooler stocking/rotation, storage room organization, and the efficient movement of product from storage to the sales floor.
- Receive daily work request at start of each workday and has schedules signed off by Supervisor;
- Review instructions as provided by Supervisor, Sales Manager(s), or Sales Representative(s);
- Serve all accounts as scheduled by Supervisor;
- Pull outdated, damaged, and unsellable products – place in back stock with a note to Summit Salesperson;
- Stock, rotate, and face product in coolers, on shelves, on racks, and in displays;
- Work all back stock (re-stock neatly and secure) as required by Supervisor and Sales Representative;
- Set up and rotate sales promotion displays (including signage) according to store and Company standards;
- Assist in resolving customer inquiries and service complaints; and
- Notify supervisor of any problems or opportunities with assigned accounts.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures;
- Adhere to all applicable Federal, state, and local regulations regarding the merchandising of alcoholic beverages;
- Maintain valid Montana driver’s license and good driving records; and
- Does not abuse and properly maintains company property such as company vehicles.
- Maintain appropriate dress and appearance per Company standards;
- Ability to lift/carry/move 35 lbs. (maximum of 75 lbs.);
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (including bending, reaching, lifting, pulling, etc.);
- Display effective interpersonal communication (supplier, employee, customer);
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in all areas of responsibility to ensure quality of work;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships; and
- Show sound judgment, decision-making, and accountability.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; and
- Previous grocery, retail, or beverage experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, vendors, other governmental agencies, and the general public as required;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative; Ability to handle wide range of tasks; and
- Understand and effectively communicate Summit Beverage's organizational mission and goals.