Merchandiser/Order Writer/Selling Event Specialist $18.50/hr., Delicatessen Services Co., LLC
Boar's Head Provisions Co., Inc.
Hiring Company:Delicatessen Services Co., LLC
Overview:The Merchandiser/Order Writer/Selling Event Specialist is responsible for enhancing the customer experience by providing in-store support to national accounts during peak periods. The role will assess changing deli conditions throughout the day and tailor support to address store needs in real-time. The Premium Advantage Specialist will be in-store during peak customer traffic periods including weekends and weekdays.
- Positively impact the customer experience at the retail store level by accurately assessing the deli service needs throughout the day and adjusting focus to meet changing needs
- Actively engage with the deli customers through timely and sincere acknowledgment, proactive companion selling, and product.
- Develop Brand loyalty and grow Brand usage by providing recipe ideas to deli customers
- Build rapport with deli customers to create and maintain loyal fans of Boar’s Head Brand products
- Host a variety of in-store sampling and product pairing events focusing on product presentation
- Provide behind-the-counter training to deli employees with a focus on exceptional customer service, product knowledge, product pairings, slicing technique, etc.
- Create a selling culture within the deli, mentor deli associates to become passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Set service case ensuring the full product line is displayed in an appetizing manner
- Maintain retail product presentations; ensure displays are fully stocked, clean, and visually pleasing and each item is priced
- Update merchandising and marketing materials as required
- Build awareness of Boar’s Head Brand premium delicatessen products by engaging consumers through product sampling
- Actively promote Boar’s Head Brand products by educating consumers on flavor, nutritional information, quality, and complimentary products
- Possess a positive, energetic, and serving attitude
- Complete additional activities or special projects as assigned
- Ability to stand for a minimum of 4 hours
- Ability to bend, twist, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Ability to lift or carry objects weighing up to 40 lbs.; push or pull objects up to 300 lbs.
- Ability to work in a refrigerated/freezer environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in retail sales, customer service, or similar roles.
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with food preparation is helpful but not required
- Keep work area neat and clean; exhibit good food safety and sanitation practices at all times
- Willingness to learn and operate a slicer
- Must have own transportation and be willing to travel to different retail locations within assigned area
- Ability to transport and set-up a folding table, utensils, platters, etc.
- Must have an internet-enabled cell phone