BETA Aviation Fueling Systems
For 50 years, BETA Fueling Systems in Reidsville, NC has led the aviation industry in the manufacture of reliable and safe refueling equipment. Everything we do is focused on improving the reliability, after sales support, and on-time delivery of equipment. To apply, please visit www.betafueling.com/careers.
The Metal Fabricator/Machinist will fabricate metal products and equipment, such as brackets, kits, piping, vessel components, etc. Their work may involve any of the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, drill and straighten metal; shaping metal with the use of saws, press brakes, roll formers, drills, etc. Our Fabricators work in a team environment but are also required to perform duties autonomously and with a quality first focus.
- Determine project requirements, including scope, assembly sequences, and required methods and materials, according to blueprints/engineering drawings, and written or verbal instructions
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers
- Maneuver completed units into position for installation and anchor the units
- Drill and punch holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets
- Fabricate or alter parts, using shears, hammers, punches, or drills
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, or smooth surfaces, seams, or joints of assembled parts, using hand tools or portable power tools
- Finish parts, using hacksaws or hand, rotary, or squaring shears
- Maintain equipment, making repairs or modifications when necessary
- Transport prefabricated parts to production cells for assembly and installation
- Use of fabricating equipment such as saws, press brake, roll former, drill, grinder, plasma, CNC lathe, water jet, etc.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or GED required, Certificate or Associate’s degree in Fabrication in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- 2 years’ experience in metal fabrication using saws, press brake, roll former, drill, etc. preferred
- Machining experience using a lathe and a mill is preferred
- Computer aided design (CAD) software a plus
- Proven ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and determine efficient methods and sequence of operation needed to manufacture the part to the drawing specifications
- Experience in selection, application, and use of measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, bore gauges, thread gauges, tape measures, etc.
- Experience in selection, application and set up of machining tools such as end mills, drill bits, hole saws, shanks, inserts, tap, etc.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Familiar with industrial safety environment and use of common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, welding helmet, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats (BETA will provide or reimburse)
- Physical Requirements – using hands to handle, control or feel objects and tools, ability to read written instructions, lift and/or move materials up to 50 pounds independently
BETA offers paid time off, 9 paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. We offer a 401(k) plan and flexible spending accounts to help manage your medical expenses. We offer a supportive team environment. Pre-employment drug screen and background check required. Work hours are Monday – Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm with occasional overtime required and occasional Saturday.
BETA Fueling Systems, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Disclaimer Statement: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions associated with a particular job. It is intended to be only a general description of the principal requirements common to positions of this type.