Essex Industries, Inc.
St. Louis, MO
Who We Are:
We have operations in Saint Louis, Missouri, Huntington Beach, California, and Milford, Connecticut, serving local, national and international customers, both military and commercial. The company supplies platform controls, aircraft components, liquid oxygen equipment, and emergency breathing equipment to its customers.
Summary of Job: To operate various metal finishing equipment in order to remove rough edges, improve surface finish, insure cleanliness, dimensional accuracy of parts and part count of precision-machined components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- General knowledge of most hand and manual machinery, fixturing, and precision measuring equipment needed to complete departmental assignments.
- Generate all necessary documentation per company policy or verbal instruction.
- Perform procedures at or above set standards for both time and quality and improve on product through put whenever possible.
- Facilitate the completion of the above and monitor the output of less skilled employees as required.
- Keep machinery and work area in a clean, safe, maintained, and organized fashion.
- Temporarily assist in other areas in order to meet the needs of Essex Manufacturing and its customers.
- Comply with all PPE and machine guarding as necessary with each job.
- Assist in other areas, or tasks, to meet production needs.
High school education or equivalent; up to 3 months of deburr/ metal finishing experience.
Why Choose Essex?
Since 1947, Essex has been offering high quality parts and services to our customers. Our employees are what makes that happen so we do our best to take care of what matters most, by offering a competitive total rewards package for our employees. It’s our commitment to making this a great place to work.
• Base Pay
• Bonus Opportunity
• Paid time off
• 10 company holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Training & Development
• Retirement Benefits – 401k
• Tax-Advantaged Accounts
• Medical, dental, vision coverage
The Guller Foundation, the charitable arm of Essex Industries, contributes to various local organizations.ID:uDnQdo