Metal Finishing Maintenance Tech – 1st and 2nd Shift – $1500 Signing Bonus
The Lindgren Group, Inc.
Job Title: Maintenance Tech - 1st and 2nd Shift - $1500 Signing Bonus (Will train the right candidate)
Company/Location: Nico Products - Minneapolis, MN
Working in the Metal Finishing industry involves on-the-job training, as it is not taught in schools. The work environment involves exposure to heat, humidity, dust, and noise, similar to a manufacturing industry. Our company prioritizes the safety and well-being of our employees. We take all necessary measures to ensure they work in a healthy, secure, and regulated environment.
We're growing and looking to hire! Join us in a work environment that values your well-being and growth. We offer career advancement, twice-yearly performance evaluations, rate increases for meeting expectations, and excellent benefits and perks. Apply today and join our team!
Job Purpose & Responsibilities: Performs various preventive and routine maintenance tasks and repairs, including basic electrical, mechanical, plumbing, or carpentry work. Employees will refer to complex work to experience maintenance personnel.
- Essential functions are the primary job duties that an employee must perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Primary function is to respond urgently to equipment breakdowns, staying focused on tasks until resolved to limit production downtime.
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on shop equipment in a timely manner.
- Provide documentation, including the required time to complete repairs and preventative maintenance tasks.
- On-time and reliable attendance is critical to support all areas of operations.
- Perform facility housekeeping tasks.
- Ability to work on ladders and heights up to 30 feet.
- Fabrication and assembly of production tooling as needed.
- Assist with Rack building and tooling needs as needed.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Trade school training or the equivalent of 2 years of experience is required.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to safely complete repairs and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of lockout, tag-out electrical, and other safety procedures.
- Ability to read blueprints, diagrams, and assembly drawings.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair basic electrical, plumbing, and mechanical malfunctions.
- Ability to perform basic welding tasks with wire feed, tig, stick, and torch equipment.
- Possess general math skills.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to maintain a regular and reliable attendance record.
- Ability to manage multiple jobs simultaneously.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking the English language.
- Ability to interact with co-workers and supervisors in a cooperative manner.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
1st Shift: 6:00 PM - 2:00 PM, Monday - Friday + OT as scheduled
2nd Shift: 3:00 PM - 1:00 AM, Monday - Thursday + OT as scheduled (Must train on 1st shift for 30 days)
1st Shift: $26.00 + / hr (DOQ)
2nd Shift: $28.00 + / hr (DOQ)
Signing Bonus: $1500 (current employees are not eligible for signing bonus)
HOW TO APPLY:
- Upload a current resume and answer the questions provided (completing this task offers a little insight into you).
- You will be contacted via email if you are selected for an interview. (As part of our selection process, while onsite for an interview, you MUST PASS A BASIC MATH TEST within 10 minutes to move on to the interview phase.)
Work Authorization / Security Clearance:
The Lindgren Group must comply with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations). These regulations may restrict persons of non-US citizen status from working/participating/observing/or other forms of gathering knowledge about certain activities within the company.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
The Lindgren Group, including Avtec Finishing and Nico Products, is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans encouraged to apply.
For more information about our company, visit our website: www.TheLindgrenGroup.comID:uDnQdo