Amsted Industries, Inc.
Amsted Rail is the world’s leading manufacturer of undercarriage and end of car rail components for heavy haul freight railcars and locomotives. Our company focus for more than a century has been on providing the most innovative products and integrated systems to meet the needs of the global heavy haul freight rail industry.
For more than a century, Griffin® has been the proven leader in railroad wheel quality, design and service. We have wheel plants in the US and in Canada. We have a current opening for a Metallurgical Engineer at our Groveport, OH facility, which is located in the Columbus, OH metropolitan area.
Job Summary / Purpose
This position assumes the day-to-day responsibility for assisting the various manufacturing departments resolve Metallurgical issues and interpreting customer / industry specifications. Ensures customer satisfaction by establishing, implementing, monitoring and enforcing procedures and/or work instructions that support the group's metallurgy requirements.
- Manage metallurgical lab to include Inspect incoming scrap, slag analysis of materials and other testing of materials as well as calibrate slag analyzer and other equipment (i.e. spectrometer, Brinell hardness, etc.) and release heats to production.
- Assists in resolving quality issues related to production or process. Conducts gage or process studies as needed.
- Manges the corrective action system for Amsted Rail. Works with various departments to ensure corrective actions are effective. Maintains the corporate database, communicates issues to all appropriate areas, tracks progress toward resolution and ensures customers are informed of the final resolution.
- Maintains document control system for Amsted Rail Inc.
- Ensures Amsted Rail maintains compliance to all external (ISO, AAR, and customer) requirements and that personnel at Amsted Rail understand those industry requirements.
- Supervise all heat treatments of steel production, monitor all steel grades through heat treatment processes, and supervise maintenance of heat treating equipment, and ensure that all castings comply with the Association of American Railroads and Amsted requirements and procedures.
- Provide failure analysis with recommendations from test results to management.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- 4-year degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science with 1 to 3 years of foundry experience.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills to include, word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. This is where you can thrive. Our environment is energetic, our people are motivated and our career paths can take you where you want to go. We pride ourselves on being the market leader as well as having a management philosophy that promotes a culture of dignity and respect for all our employees.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as a retirement package that includes 4% match on 401k contributions and an employee stock ownership program.ID:uDnQdo