Performance Food Group
Job DescriptionThe Transportation Manager position will perform the following duties:
- Manages all delivery expenses for your assigned locations
- Manages both the fleet and driver workforce in an efficient, cost-effective manner
- Identifies and expands backhaul revenue
- Provides excellent customer service and leadership of the team
- Hands-on management experience in transportation and logistics operations
- Familiarity with automated logistics systems
- Makes effective decisions by analyzing information and considering priorities
- Capable of staffing, structuring, and maintaining a productive team of highly skilled employees
- Inspires others with enthusiasm and positive energy
- Effectively manages in a changing environment. Skills include leadership, planning, developing policies, delegation, and tracking performance against measurable goals
- Demonstrated ability to manage a small staff
- Has superior organizational skills
- Is articulate, professional, and effective at building relationships using oral and written communication
EEO StatementPerformance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Required Qualifications• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License
• 4 - 6 Years Transportation experience including in-depth knowledge of DOT regulations and experience with operations of computerized fleet management systems.
• Team lead or supervisory experience.
Preferred Qualifications• 6 - 10 Years Transportation experience including in-depth knowledge of DOT regulations and experience with operations of computerized fleet management systems within foodservice industry.
• Supervisory experience.
Vistar customers are everywhere people work, play and shop. Vistar is America’s leading candy, snack and beverage distributor with over 25 distribution centers delivering everything from popcorn to healthy meal replacements anywhere in the United States. Our success is rooted in working closely with our suppliers and customers to stay ahead of the latest snacking trends. Vistar has thrived by innovating, exceeding customer expectations and fostering a collaborative culture built on teamwork, doing what’s right, and giving back to the communities we do business in.