MI – Benefits Supervisor
NGK Spark Plugs, Inc.
- Lead the planning, implementation, and administration of all corporate benefits programs including benefits communications, onboarding, offboarding and the annual open enrollment.
- Ensure process achievements and promote a customer focused environment throughout the organization.
- Mentor and supervise the Benefits Specialists.
- Oversee the administration and reporting of Workers’ Compensation, light duty restrictions, Short/Long Term Disability programs, and other leaves of absence such as FMLA, CFRA and ADA for a multi-state workforce.
- Manage escalated benefits matters, leaves of absence, ADA, and workers’ compensation issues.
- Manage coordination and transfer of data to external vendors, plan providers, for the auditors and consultants.
- Lead all audits, internal benefits audits as well as external benefits audits, year-end testing for 401(k) Plan and all 5500 annual filings.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation related to health care, welfare plans and 401(k) plans including plan documents, SPDs, SBCs.
- Provide support to the payroll, wellness and compensation teams.
- Assist and educate all associates with questions regarding benefits and retirement programs and conduct benefits overview during new hire orientation.
- Reconcile monthly benefit vendor bills and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare reports of data results, presenting and explaining findings to senior leadership.
- Facilitate implementation of new processes related to leaves program, workers’ compensation, the benefits plans, and other related initiatives for greater efficiency and customer service.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures which include IATF, ISO, ISMS, and Safety related policies.
- Perform all other job-related tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; 4 years related work experience acceptable.
- Experience in using an HRIS system Required.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a group setting and independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).
- Detailed-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Full scope benefits exposure and experience.
- Experience in overseeing Workers’ Compensation and leaves of absence, in a multi-state environment.
- Knowledge of health and welfare and retirement programs such as 401(k), COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, and PPACA.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to adapt to changing needs in fast paced environment.
- Ability to see and hear (correctable).
- Ability to communicate verbally.
- Ability to travel up to 25 percent.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and operating a computer.