Michigan Cat Service Technician
MacAllister Machinery Co., Inc.
A Michigan CAT Service Technician is the heart of our business. You will work on and, at times, lead service and maintenance tasks of our customers’ equipment while continuing to learn as well as looking out for oneself and others' safety at the workplace.
Your daily tasks will include, but will not be limited to, some of the following activities:
- Diagnose problems with equipment/engines using a variety of methods and tools
- Perform Preventive Maintenance work on customer products
- Service/repair work on items diagnosed ranging from mechanical to electrical work
- Identify and source any parts required for repair or service
- Complete a detailed service report
- Cleaning and painting of equipment as necessary
To be considered for a position as a Michigan CAT Service Technician, you should have:
- Minimum 2-5 years of Heavy Construction or On-Highway Diesel Engine diagnosis and repair experience
- Highly motivated and able to learn new tasks, processes and policies
- Prior experience using CAT ET or similar electronic diagnostics tool
- Experience writing detailed service reports on internal/external customer equipment
- High School Diploma or Vocational College degree in some of the following areas:
- Diesel Technology
- Heavy Equipment Repair
- Welding Technology
Compensation: $22.00 to $36.00 per hour
2nd Shift Position
- Medical, Dental
- Basic and optional Life Insurance (dependent upon employment status)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance (dependent upon employment status)
- Holidays and paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-Sponsored Training Program
- Company-Provided Uniforms
- Safety Shoes and Glasses Reimbursement Program
- Technician Tool Reimbursement Program
Any Duties and Responsibilities described within the Careers Page are not a comprehensive list and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Michigan CAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.