Mid-Level Equipment & Tool Designer
Mid-Level Equipment & Tool Designer
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Helena, MT
Job Description Qualifications:
The Fabrication Division organization within Boeing Commercial Aircraft is seeking a Mid-Level Equipment & Tooling Designer in Helena, MT. As a part of Fabrication Division in Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Boeing Helena is located in the breathtaking state of Montana and is currently targeted as a growth site. As such, Boeing Helena is seeking both Equipment Engineer(s) and Tooling Engineer(s) as the site continues to bring on new work statement and grow. Our Equipment Engineer(s) will be responsible for helping with the acquisition of new equipment as we grow as well as maintaining existing production assets for sustainment. Our Tooling Engineer(s) will be responsible for designing, optimizing, and maintaining fixtures and tools required for milling, drilling, turning, shot peen, inspection, and other manufacturing processes on predominantly titanium and other hard metal production parts.
- Investigates, creates and reviews equipment and tooling concepts, designs and datasets, and organizes, manages and maintains drawings of record and applies configuration management tools.
- Participates in product design reviews and researches the application of robotics, automation and new technology to support the build plan and establish technical requirements for producibility.
- Develops statements of work with validated specifications, requirements, and functions and prepares design or fabrication off load packages.
- Develops, documents and maintains equipment and tooling inspection, maintenance and spares requirements and trains personnel as needed.
- Researches designs to create and revise usage instructions.
- Provides technical support for engineering changes and discrepancies by investigating problems, and analyzing data to identify solutions.
- Conducts studies to determine current condition and make recommendations for the equipment and tooling disposition.
Work Authorization Statement:
Employer is not willing to sponsor visa.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Associates of Science
- 5 or more years of experience with equipment and/or tooling design
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience leading technical projects
- Someone with proven communication and collaboration skills
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years' related work experience, 5 years' related work experience, etc.).
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Non-Union or Union Representation:
- Non-Union Represented
- This position is for 1st shift.
Pay Range Summary:
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Mid-Level: $59,500- $80,500
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:Not an export control position
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 3
Job Code:6H6QI3 (66Z)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
- English - E-Verify (English)
- Spanish - E-Verify (Spanish)
Right to Work Statement
- English - Right to Work (English)
- Spanish - Right to Work (Spanish)