Mid-Level Real Time Software Engineer
Mid-Level Real Time Software Engineer
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Tukwila, WA
Job Description Qualifications:
The Boeing Company is currently seeking Mid-Level Software Engineers to develop of next generation Open Mission Software (OMS) Battle Management Command & Control (BMC2) Software primarily for USAF E-7A, but also supporting other Airborne Surveillance, Command and Control (ASC2) programs like E-3 AWACS, 767 AWACS, and other 737 Airborne Early Warning & Control Aircraft. These aircraft represent the world’s standard for airborne early warning and control systems, filling the need for both command and control functions for tactical and air defense forces.
The BMC2 team develops mission software to integrate sensors, communication systems, self-protect suites, weapon systems, data links, other battle management, and crew user interfaces for the ASC2 systems. Responsible for engaging customers through cutting-edge visual modeling and simulation; innovating cross-cutting concepts and technologies; prototyping solutions to extend current products and win new programs, developed using the Agile software process.
As a Software Engineer you will work with a team in a casual but professional environment where there is long-term potential for career growth into management or technical leadership positions. The optimal candidate works well with a team, has great communication skills, and is a self-starter.
- Design and develop Aircraft and/or Ground Systems or related software using real-time software architectures and designs.
- Participate in use case development for software requirements.
- Support software architecture trade studies and modifications to meet new requirements
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develop interface definitions.
- Perform unit and integration testing.
- Participate in peer reviews.
- Assists with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Supports software project management and software supplier management functions.
- Selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establishes metrics. Performs software research and trade studies.
- Troubleshoots software issues.
- Support system and flight testing.
- Creation of software documentation.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
- Executes and documents software research and development projects.
- Works under general supervision.
The selected team member enjoys working collaboratively with others, has a commitment to customer satisfaction and process improvement, and is successful working in a multi-contract/multi-program environment. They will support and may lead the development of solutions to a wide range of complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation. They should be adaptable to new development environments and eager to work with and learn new technologies. They should be capable of leading a small software team to complete its mission.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering and/or a Technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in C++ and/or Java programming languages
- 3+ years of experience Linux or Windows development environments
- 3+ years of experience using software development tools (i.e. JIRA, GIT, TFS, GitLab, Azure Devops, Jenkins, or Bitbucket)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience of Agile software development processes and use case development.
- Experience of Scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of or experience with Mission Systems domain areas such as ground stations, data links, data/sensor fusion, human-machine interfaces
- Software certification knowledge
- Military System Domain knowledge related to integration of Sensors, Communications, Data Links, User displays
- Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- In the USA, ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a union-represented position.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $112,200-$151,800
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:Not an export control position
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 3
Job Code:6J7BI3 (6D6)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
- English - E-Verify (English)
- Spanish - E-Verify (Spanish)
Right to Work Statement
- English - Right to Work (English)
- Spanish - Right to Work (Spanish)