Milk Receiver- 3rd Shift
Dairy Farmers of America
New Britain, CT
- Collect samples of incoming product, using defined procedures, and take to laboratory for analysis to insure that product meets the specifications set by Guida's Milk and Ice-Cream, its Customers, and the associated Regulatory Agencies.
- Operate all computer-controlled product transfer equipment to transfer incoming product from incoming tanker trucks to the appropriate receiving tanks in the receiving area. Monitor all equipment regularly to insure proper operation and maintain product integrity.
- Monitor all tanks, clamps and valves at start-up and during transfer process to detect leaks or improperly functioning equipment. Any product loss shall be documented and reported promptly to Quality Assurance and plant management.
- Routinely check all equipment for malfunctions and proper sanitation and take appropriate corrective action. Report any repairs that cannot be completed as a routine item to Maintenance and generate a work order for forwarding to management and Quality Assurance.
- Prepare and maintain the appropriate records for Food Safety, Loss Control, Product Tracking, and Equipment operation, including the proper labeling of process charts. Documentation shall follow the policies outlined by plant management and Quality Assurance. All documentation will be as neat, orderly and legible as possible.
- Perform prescribed cleaning processes on tanks or lines that are selected to be cleaned, and assure that they are set up properly, checked and double checked to protect other tanks, lines and product. Complete check chart at end of wash cycle per Quality Assurance requirements.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Mix sanitizing solutions to prescribed strength per instructions, collect sample, and take to Laboratory for analysis and confirmation that the solution is correct. Perform prescribed sanitizing procedure. Check all charts to insure that the sanitizing process was completed properly.
- Perform all other duties assigned and this may involve temporary relocation to other departments.
- Adhere to all DFA Quality policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
- Adhere to all DFA Safety policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
- Adhere to all DFA GMP policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
- Keep the department area neat and organized to maintain a healthy and safe environment.