Stimson Lumber Co.
- Continuously evaluate and analyze quality, safety and production processes and procedures
- Implement PM or preventative maintenance and troubleshooting programs for machinery and equipment
- Provide thorough maintenance reporting, documentation, inventory of parts and closing records of work orders using a computerized maintenance management system
- Proactively communicate with all departments to help ensure proper operation and maintenance of systems and equipment
- Model, implement and comply with all company work and safety rules and related industry regulations
- Identify and suggest new approaches or best-known methods to foster our continuous improvement mentality
- Evaluate and test equipment efficiency and effectiveness and recommend changes for improvement
- Maintain, install, repair, improve and troubleshoot all systems, equipment, and machinery in the mill
- Valid driver’s license
- Minimum 3 years' experience
- Proven experience or expertise in the following technical areas:
- Hydraulic systems and components
- Bearing setup and alignment
- Shaft alignment principles
- High quality steel/metal welding
- Oxygen/Acetylene cutting
- Utilization of power tools and machining tools and related machinery
- Implementation of preventative maintenance programs for mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment and systems
- Read and interpret blueprints and drawings
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing and installation of industrial equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and highly self-motivated individual
- Makes safety in the workplace a number one priority
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., stand up to 10 hours a day, reach with hands and arms, stoop, squat, bend at the waist, kneel, climb stairs, and move equipment as needed
- Must be comfortable in year around outdoor temperatures, in loud conditions, with airborne particles (sawdust), and working around moving mechanical equipment
- 401(k) with a 6% company match- vested IMMEDIATELY!
- Medical / Dental / Vision Options
- $350/Mo Temporary Fuel Allowance to assist with the cost of commuting!
- Company Profit Sharing
- Paid Time off & 9 Paid Holidays
- Wellness Program with reward incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement, Apprenticeships, Career Development
- Access to company-owned land for recreation
For details about employee benefits and Stimson values: www.mystimson.com
Who is Stimson Lumber?
Stimson Lumber is a leader in the forest products and natural resources industry, with over 650 employees and locations across Idaho, Oregon and Washington. We have a progressive, forward-thinking culture focusing on the development of our people. Our employees are given the tools and opportunities to maximize their talent to achieve professional and personal goals. We have been a recognized leader in our industry for decades because of our commitment to quality, customer service and continuous improvement mentality.
Why work at Stimson Lumber?
We hire people who are passionate about what they do every day, have a desire to make a difference and thrive in a team environment. We reward our employees through competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and advancement opportunities while being a great place to work. As an equal opportunity employment company, we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and those influences upon the workplace. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment assessments.
To learn more about Career Development/Paths at our mills, click the link below to find the right mill job for you!