Mixer and Blender – 1st shift
The Masterson Co., Inc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up and change over to meet production requirements including adjusting valves to appropriate cooker, changeover of pipes to appropriate tank, verification of formula, and set-up of drum and tote pumps.
- Combine ingredients according to formulas including weighing out raw materials, dumping raw materials and rework into kettle, metering/weighing liquid material into kettle, and turning on mixer at appropriate speed.
- Monitor cooking process including turning on steam, regulating temperature and time, and turning on water jacket to regulate temperature.
- Pump completed product into holding tanks and ensure appropriate holding tank temperature. Control and monitor homogenizer, as necessary.
- Observe & maintain necessary written documentation to include: lot numbers of materials, authorized deviations, temperatures, temperature chart notations, mixer speeds, time recording/interruptions, metal detector checks, and filters.
- Complete necessary paperwork and/or data entry for production reports, compression tests, drain weight, production disposition forms, process control sheets, and housekeeping checklists.
- Take necessary samples for Quality Control and Lab testing as needed.
- Clean and sanitize process vessels and associated equipment to adhere to all Company SOP’s, GMP, including sanitary requirements, and safety.
- Adhere to all GMP, including sanitary requirements, Food Safety, Safety, and Standardized Work procedures.
Hours for 1st shift are normally 4am to 12pm.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required, but technical degree in industrial maintenance, culinary, food & beverage, agricultural or related field is preferred. Certificate in baking, food studies, or intro to food manufacturing is also accepted.
- 1-3 years of previous experience in a food, drug, or beverage manufacturing environment in similar role.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds continuously.
- Prior experience in batch, compounding, or mixing experience.
- Detail oriented nature and precision is critical to ensure products adhere to designated quality standards.
- General knowledge of OSHA Codes, GMP's, and sanitary design. Basic knowledge of environmental regulations.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts to the production process including conversion of weight and volume in the metric system.
- Must be hardworking, punctual, dependable, and work well with others.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Family-owned for over 150 years, Masterson Foods has a rich history and reputation as a quality supplier of premium sweet and savory food products. We are a recognized leader in supplying these products as well as customized manufacturing solutions to the restaurant, packaged ice cream, and contract manufacturing segments of the food industry. Through a process of continuous improvement and renewal, Masterson will exceed the expectations of our customers, employees, and community. We are committed to being a good neighbor, an attractive and ethical place to work, and an attentive supplier.
Masterson Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.