Mobile Diesel Mechanic
Ryder System, Inc.
We are hiring Mobile Diesel Mechanics in Dallas, Texas and surrounding areas.
Pay: $20-$30 and up depending on experience.
$2500 Sign on Bonus
For more information please call or text
Natalie at 573-529-6594
Watch my TikTok video for Torque with link below
At Torque by Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Paid Weekly!
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Company Vehicle!
- Medical, Dental and Optical Insurance effective 30 days from hire date!
- Life and Disability Insurances!
- 401K Savings Plan with Ryder matching contributions!
- Legal Plans
- Discount on purchase of Ryder Common Stock!
- Employee Discounts on Automotive, Mobile plans, Travel and Hotels!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you’ve been looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome opportunities
The Maintenance Specialist II (MSII) position will diagnose problems and perform identified repairs and routine preventive maintenance services on different types of vehicles under limited supervision through the use of their mobile service truck and tools. The MSII will support non-contractual Ryder customers. The mobile service truck, tools, and inventory must be maintained and kept in serviceable condition at all times as per company policy and proceduresThe MSII will interact with relevant business support members and departments as needed. Task assignments are directed by direct supervisor, of by the scheduling call center. This position is off-site and will not be assigned to a specific Ryder brick and mortar location, which will require extensive travel and exceptional customer focus. The MSII will represent Ryder and interact with non-contractual Ryder customers in order to establish a relationship and promote and develop business opportunities to up-sell Ryder's products and services. After the work shift has been completed, the MSII will take assigned mobile service truck home, but will be required to secure vehicle and contents as per company policyThe MSII will be held to productivity standards unique to this role.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Vocational or Technical Certification Post Secondary degree or Technical Certifications, preferred
- Basic tools, required
- Requires demonstrated aptitude and applied experience in mechanical repair of automotive gas or diesel engines including:
- Routine preventative maintenance, which should include oil changes, brake and tire work
- Two (2) years or more of a combination of classroom training and work experience in required experience, preferred
- NonCommercial Driver License CLASS E, preferred
- Valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) CLASS A, preferred
- Other State driver's license, as required
- One (1) year or more federal PM certification requirements through any combination of classroom training or work experience totaling 1 year
- One (1) year or more mechanical experience working offsite at customer locations preferred
- Able to take home assigned mobile service truck, as applicable, and secure vehicle and contents
- Must be able to drive Ryder vehicles
- Proven hands-on mechanic, customer service, and account management skills
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and self-sufficient approach
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detailed oriented with excellent follow-up practicesEntrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to:
- Understand and adhere to Company policies in all areas
- Complete repair orders with the Company established systems
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Prioritize workload
- Preventive Maintenance PM230 & PM298 within 90 Days
- Brakes-Air BA220 & BA298 within 90 Days
- Brake mechanics/inspectors FMCS 396.25
- Hydraulic Brake BH220 & BH298 where appropriate within 90 Days
- Tire & Wheel TW220 within 90 Days
- CF609 & A/C trained and qualified AC220 & AC298 within 180 Days
- Battery Charge and Check, Warranty
- HD electrical - DR208 within 90 Days
- Svc Island Support SBTIII trained (SBT220) and SBT Phase 2 within 180 Days
- OEM on-line engine courses (minimum 2)
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
- Interact with non-contractual Ryder customer, exhibit account management skills to independently facilitate preventative maintenance, repair issue resolution, and discuss any repair estimates with customer.
- Coordinate work schedule as required by customers. Road test vehicles to identify cause of complaints for repairs, ensure quality of repair work performed, and deliver customer satisfaction.
- Preventive maintenance (PM) and vehicle repairs responsibilities include but is not limited to:
- A/C & Heater: Operate the system and recognize if the system is cooling or not (PM related); Perform basic system checks such as power to compressor, visual inspection of condenser, belt tension, etc.; Identify Freon and oil leaks.
- Brakes-Air: Identify components of air brake system; Operate brakes and identify irregular noises, air leaks; Perform simple air system tests; Measure lining thickness; Adjust brakes; Perform air brake sections of P.M.; Measure drums, rotors, cam bushings Perform brake repairs per BA 298 once trained and qualified.
- Brakes-Hydraulic: Road test for proper operation; Make visual inspections for leaks; Check park brake operation; Check fluid level; Measure lining thickness; Adjust service brakes; Perform brake repairs per BH 298 once trained and qualified; Adjust park brakes.
- Cargo Handling/Transfer, Liftgates: Identify leaks; Operate lift gate; Identify make and model; Add fluid to bring to proper level; Make minor adjustments to lift platform and its controls; Identify basic malfunctions.
- Charging Systems (electrical): Visually inspect batteries; Clean connections; Check condition of belts; Test batteries; Check alternator mounting and pulley; Replace and adjust belts; Perform basic charging system check.
- Clutch: Lubricate throw-out bearing, linkage, shafts, and cables; Identify proper clutch operation; Identify proper clutch brake operation.
- Cooling Systems: Check and adjust coolant levels; Visually inspect system for leaks; Make minor repairs such as hose replacements, fan shrouds, leaking fittings; Recognize permanent antifreezes and their requirements; Use refractometer; Use pressure tester; Flush and refill systems.
- Cranking System (electrical): Inspect and test batteries; Visually inspect cables and cranking motor; Clean the battery cables, connections and starter; Replace batteries; Charge and check batteries; Replace or repair defective cables.
- Lighting System and Electrical Accessories: Repair minor wiring problems; Replace bulbs, lenses and simple light assemblies; Repair minor lighting problems; Replace and adjust sealed beams; Install or replace accessories such as heated mirrors, fans, spotlights.
- Drive Axles: Inspect housings for leaks; Change oil and filter, if required, and clean breathers.
- Driveline: Lubricate drive line; Inspect components for wear or damage.
- Gas Engines-All Engines: Check and adjust oil levels; Identify unusual noises, and oil leaks.
- Fuel Systems: Replace and prime fuel filter; Check gas and diesel fuel system components such as fuel lines, pickup tubes, return lines, etc... for proper integrity and condition.
- Preventive Maintenance: Proper lube techniques; Minimal tire inspection; Brake check/applied stroke; Battery check; Under vehicle check/loose components; Initial Fault code identification; All PMs (PM 298) including C supplements to exclude overheads, engine brake overhauls, DPF servicing, clean doser injector, servicing ArvinMeritor unitized hubs, inspect Lece Neville alternator brushes, inspect modulator system for proper operation, inspect/adjust shift selector cable, pop test Isuzu injectors
- Steering and Non-driven Axles and Alignment: Lubricate grease fittings, check and adjust fluid levels; Check and adjust toe; Check all steering components for wear; Check and adjust trailer axle alignment; Adjust wheel bearings including replacement of wheel seal.
- Suspension-Chassis and Cab: Identify makes and models; Identify normal operation; Identify and repair minor air leaks; Identify malfunctions of basic nature, broken springs, excessive wear on bushings, etc.
- Tire and Wheel Maintenance: Perform air pressure checks; Check tread depth; Identify tires that need to be changed or repaired; Perform tire P.M. checks; Replace tire and wheel assemblies; Mount/dismount and rotate tires; Perform tire/wheel checks/repairs per TW298.
- Vehicle Coupling System (PM): Lubricate fifth wheel plate and slider mechanism; Operate slider mechanism.
- Utilize key functions of Shop Management System and electronic documentation available. - Perform work in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e. safety, DOT). Use internal and external maintenance documents.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all service, safety and environmental records required to meet and/or exceed corporate, federal, state, and local government mandated requirements.
- Accountable for key maintenance measurements established by company policy, related to the inspection and performance of PMs, brakes, tires, wheels, including any maintenance items directly associated with the safety of the customer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.ID:uDnQdo