Molder of Crash Test Dummies
OpTek Systems, Inc.
Humanetics Safety is the pioneer of safety systems used across the automotive, aerospace, defense and transport sectors. It is the market leader in the design and manufacture of the iconic crash test dummies, the world most biofidelic anthropomorphic test devices, and a leader in Active Safety test solutions, crash test equipment and calibration platforms that are used to ensure humans are protected at moments of need. Our hardware devices have exact match digital twins and integrated software platforms that provide customers with powerful solutions to maximize the productivity of their crash test programs. Protecting humans in a world in perpetual motion.
To prepare for and perform the molding of parts to meet all requirements, including delivery and/or subsequent production schedules.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Ability to consistently follow specific process instructions and maintain ISO compliance in a fast paced environment.
• Accurately and completely document activities in the company production software; detect and report defects and questionable conditions to QA and supervisor.
• Comply with and help to support ISO quality system in all activities.
• Prepare molds, inserts, and hardware for molding per work instructions and/or other criteria and per the production schedule.
• Mold all products per process sheets, work instructions and/or prints.
• Remove product and/or inserts from mold.
• Clean and/or prepare all mold surfaces when done to prepare for next molding.
• Verify product meets all appropriate visual specifications and/or criteria.
• Record all data as required.
• As needed process material to tanks per work instructions.
• Foam/demold all products per process sheets, work instructions and/or prints as needed.
• Weigh all molds and/or finished parts to verify meeting weight specifications.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• Minimum HS diploma or GED required.
• Prior molding experience preferred.
• Prior experience with mechanical assembly/disassembly preferred.