Hearst Communications, Inc.
WMTW-TV, Maine's ABC affiliate, is looking for a Multimedia Journalist that has the ability to generate story ideas, write to video, and do compelling live shots. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. The Multimedia Journalist should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude. The right candidate loves telling stories and delivering them LIVE to the viewers. This person will produce content on-air, online, and for our mobile devices. We are looking for someone who can shoot and edit videos and has a passion for journalism and bringing the viewer the “big story”.
- Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts that could include mornings, nights, and weekends. Variable shift possible.
- Put together high-quality packages.
- Coverage of breaking news and sports.
- Develop sources and generate story ideas.
- Shoot live shots and live interviews.
- Shoot and track news stories.
- Work with reporters on packages, special reports, and documentaries.
- In-person attendance is required.
- At least one year of television news reporting, photography, and editing.
- Breaking news/sports reporter.
- Creative writer and packager.
- Military multimedia experience will be considered.
- Works quickly and efficiently
- Good personality. Must connect with viewers
- Must enjoy being part of a team.
- Excellent writing and packaging skills
- Must be able to provide samples of reporting and photography.
- Ability to develop contacts and generate stories.
- Ability to shoot and edit high-quality video
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Defense Information School (DINFOS) or other related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.