Ellwood City Forge, LLC
There is an opening for an NDT Examiner (salary exempt position) based at the ENF Irvine Plant, however, from time to time you may be assigned to the Corry/Warren Plants. This position will report to the Director of Technical Services.
These job functions are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of duties:
- Develop procedures, techniques, calibration methods, and equipment evaluation for ensuring compliance to customer and specification requirements.
- Perform training and review NDT Level I, II, and III personnel for certification.
- Interpret or evaluate NDT results in accordance with applicable codes, standards, specifications, or procedures.
- Evaluates test results and advises on appropriate measures in case of non-conformance.
- Select, calibrate, and operate equipment used in the non-destructive testing of products.
- Provide feedback to engineering regarding design related to NDT inspection, or repair of product.
- Review external NDT reports (as necessary).
- Review and verify the accuracy of internal NDT reports.
- Review customer NDT specifications and scope of work to verify capability and identify associated costs at quotation.
- Cooperates with external laboratories, audit authorities or internal stakeholders and customers with respect to design and qualitative aspects of test procedures.
- Review subcontractor NDT reports and personnel qualifications.
- Perform audits at subcontractor locations to confirm compliance to NDT requirements.
- Maintain NDT qualification records.
- Develop NDT personnel training, testing methods and administer examinations.
- Lead NDT process improvement.
- Perform Quality Engineering tasks such as Quality Planning, Data Analysis and Process Control activities as related to NDT.
- Regular attendance as scheduled is an essential function.
- Associate degree (or higher) in engineering or science preferred.
- 2 - 5 years of manufacturing experience.
- Strong personal computer skills, including Microsoft office programs
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Must be results oriented with a strong desire to succeed, and be self-driven
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- T9074-AS-GIB-101/271, SNT-TC-1A, and NAS-410 Level III certification in Ultrasonic, Magnetic Particle, and Visual Inspection after assuming this position.
- BS degree in engineering or science
- Certification by the American Society of Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) by examination.
If you are interested in applying for this position and feel you have the qualifications, please apply thru Ultipro recruiting at Ellwoodnationalforge.com and contact Andrew Murphy, HR Manager, at [email protected] . This opportunity will remain posted until Noon on Wednesday, July 20, 2022. Consideration will be given to qualified employees of ENF and the Ellwood Group, Inc. subsidiaries.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/ females/veterans/individuals with disabilities /sexual orientation/gender identity.