NDT Level 1 & 2
Valence Surface Technologies Everett
Reports to: Production Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Valence Surface Technologies production is open 24 hours per day. All shifts are as follows: 1st shift (Monday – Friday, 5:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.), 2nd shift (Monday – Friday, 1:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.), 3rd shift (Sunday – Friday, 9:00 p.m. - 5:30 a.m.)
- Have the skills and knowledge to set up and standardize penetrant black lights, process a known defect standard and accept/reject the results, take measurements of pressure and water gauges, evaluate the in-use penetrant, evaluate the in-use developer.
- Have the skills and knowledge to apply penetrant to aerospace part in a manner that is acceptable to aerospace specifications, understand required dwell times for penetrant, wash penetrant off parts in accordance with aerospace prime specifications and control the materials in accordance with specifications.
- Have the skills and knowledge to control developer dwell times as well as understand the specifics of the evaluation process required by all aerospace OEM specifications.
- Have the skills and knowledge to determine if an aerospace part is acceptable or rejectable when evaluating accordance with an aerospace OEM specifications.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of Penetrant inspection using Type I, Method A, Form D system.
- Be familiar of developing part specific techniques in accordance with customer requests. Techniques require general information on how the part is to be processed. Such techniques shall require approval by a Level 3 certified method.
- Have a basic knowledge of the other departments within an aeropsace processing facility, i.e. pre-penetrant etching an cleaning, opst-cleaning, pre-treatment, masking, shot peen, paint.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
• Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: Minimum Formal Classroom training of 32 hours and Minimum experience or
OJT of 400 hours in accordance with NAS 410
- Compensation Range $18.69 - $24.79 per hour (DOE) + Shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Basic Life, Supplemental Life Insurance, 401k with a 3% Employer Match
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- 7 Holidays and 1 Floater Holiday
- Join a great company with opportunities for growth!
Temperatures in the work environment can fluctuate with outside weather conditions. Due to the manufacturing environment, Personal Protection Equipment may be required including safety glasses, goggles, aprons, rubber boots, gloves, and a respirator (provided by Company).
Please apply at Aerospace Metal Finishing Careers | Aerospace Jobs (valencesurfacetech.com) with up-to-date work history and contact information. If you are a qualified candidate, one of our recruiters will reach out to you to learn more about your experience and tell you more about the job, compensation, and benefits.
Valence Surface Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, Valence Surface Technologies participates in the E-Verify program to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.ID:uDnQdo