Network Eng Prin
Job DescriptionBAE Systems is currently seeking a network engineer to integrate, test, and maintain networks and telecommunications systems for the Space Systems Command, part of the U.S. Space Force. You will be responsible for the deployment, monitoring, and support of network infrastructure (IP based telephones, Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs) and virtual server environments (servers, storage area networks, and VMware) and should be able to troubleshoot, install, implement and administer network systems. You will work on a team comprised of fellow network engineers, systems administrators, software developers and software testers who utilize lifecycle management frameworks to complete new IT projects and maintain existing infrastructure. This position is located at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM.
- Installation, configuration, and removal of switches, routers, firewalls, Compunetix MVP bridges and telephones in operational and test lab environments
- Apply knowledge of enterprise system monitoring and management tools (Solar Winds, WireShark, etc.) to analyze network activity and problems
- Use and incorporate broad technical knowledge of the diverse business areas within the enterprise in the assessment of network engineering technologies, computing systems hardware and software protocols
- Provide the customer technical guidance and direction in the design and implementation of network solutions using advanced understanding of network theory and maintaining specific enterprise network architecture
- Establish overall strategic network standards and priorities to maintain the network baseline; recommend network design changes/enhancements; and analyze the optimization of network systems performance
- Provide high-level technical advice and guidance to managers and technical resources through which network technologies can be utilized to meet current and future organizational needs.
- Provide on-call support as part of a team rotation
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5 + years of related professional experience
- Must possess DoD 8570 baseline certification and be willing to obtain environment certification within 30 days of start
- Experience in IP-based telephony and call management systems
- Strong background in Microsoft Office tools and Visio
- Record of success in contributing to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make key recommendations
About BAE Systems Intelligence & SecurityBAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management, configuration control
- Seasoned communicator with demonstrated record of success in leadership, followership, and working with contract representatives and government sponsors.
- Ability to provide high-level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
- Experience with Compunetix telephone systems
Typical Education and ExperienceTypically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience