New Glenn Launch Vehicle Operations – Operations Engineer – LV Handling Operations
Blue Origin, LLC
Space Coast, FL
New Glenn Launch Vehicle Operations - Operations Engineer – LV Handling Operations
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of engineers, you will perform critical work developing, operating, maintaining and managing complex mechanical ground systems that support Launch Vehicle processing at Blue Origin’s new launch site at LC-36 (Cape Canaveral, FL). You’ll have the unique opportunity to be part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts in the New Glenn Mission Operations Launch Vehicle Operations (LVO) group, responsible for processing and launching Blue Origin’s giant rocket, New Glenn!
- This role is a combination of operations planning, coordination, documentation, hands-on work and supervision, and system troubleshooting.
- This position will focus on the testing, operation, verification and maintenance of large ground mechanical systems, including LV stage mate tooling and Ground Support Equipment, transporter/erectors and various related subsystems and tooling
- Developing launch operation mechanical system test plans and processes in accordance with program requirements
- Writing test procedures, managing procedural redlines and updates during launch campaigns
- Coordinating and directing other engineers, test crews, support equipment, outside agencies, and vehicle configurations - from pre-launch testing thru post-launch operations.
- Ensuring common operations are performed across launch campaigns
- Enforcing safety policies during test planning and operations
- Performing primary Test Engineer activities with overall responsibility for the test, the crew, the procedure, final system readiness to support launch, and post-launch refurbishment and re-test
- Troubleshooting real-time issues with ground systems under high pressure situations
- Reducing, analyzing and archiving test data to support requirements verification tasks
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in mechanical engineering (or similar discipline)
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience with ground/vehicle mechanical systems operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience operating and maintaining LV handling and stage mate hardware, tooling, fixtures, mechanisms and other large mechanical systems.
- Knowledge / familiarity with outside organizations that support LV handling operations, including cranes & rigging, transporters, transport fixtures, access platforms, metrology and related pneumatic/electronic controls
- Demonstrated experience leading test teams as a Test Conductor or Operations Engineer
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force Range requirements, as they pertain to Launch Pad operations
- Experience developing, writing, performing and updating mechanical system test procedures
- Demonstrated strong team leadership skills
- Strong safety mindset and experience, including hands-on experience planning and conducting hazardous or critical operations
- Hands-on experience with hazardous testing with a strong safety record
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Ability to receive/hold elevated US security clearance levels
- Experience in sub-contract management of suppliers including request for proposal, specification and statement of work
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, manufacturing fabrication and assembly processes, and quality control
- Familiarity with CAD design tools, such as AutoCAD, PTC Creo/Windchill, or CATIA.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays
Discretionary bonus programsID:uDnQdo