New Product Manufacturing Manager
John I. Haas, Inc.
Who We Are: John I. Haas, Inc. is an innovative, passionate, team oriented, and customer driven company. We succeed due to the integrity of our employees and take adding to our “family” seriously! We are an equal opportunity employer, believe in educational opportunities, and offer excellent health benefits to our employees and their families. John I. Haas is one of the world’s largest suppliers of hops, hop products, and solutions. We are a proud member of the BarthHaas Group with branches in Germany, the USA, the UK, Australia and China. The BarthHaas Group conducts business on every continent and is a world leader in breeding, growing, processing, and marketing hops and hops products.
Position Summary: The New Product Manufacturing Manager ensures all new innovative product launches are coordinated through timely, cost-effective, and quality-driven processes within Haas or through third party processors. This position coordinates with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, and Sales to set up processing and packaging according to required production, quality, and food safety specifications. This role assesses internal capabilities and determines if outsourcing is required. If outsourcing is required, the role is responsible for selecting cost-effective third-party processors, establishing all process and quality assurance, shipping, and ERP processes.
50% - New Product Launch Support:
- Direct the development, prioritization, and implementation of the Master Scheduling, Material Requirements Planning (MRP), and Capacity Requirements Planning (CRP) for innovative products.
- Responsible for schedules to achieve all goals and deadlines associated with innovative product launches.
- Coordinate with the commercial/sales lead on demand planning for new product launches and ongoing future demand.
- Develops safety stocks and production/reorder levels.
- Responsible for maintaining operations within approved budget.
- Oversight of innovative product vendor management (supplier approval process, contract fulfillment, deliveries received, invoices processed).
- Submits annual operating and capital budget proposals for department. Responsible for cost management and budget-to-actual variances.
- Work with finance to ensure innovative product part codes, formulas, tolling fees, etc. are set up in D365 and the cost roll ups match the costing models.
- Coordinates with Quality to set up innovative product quality specifications whether processed through third-party or Haas facility. Ensure that all product documentation has been created and is readily available.
- Work with the VP of Manufacturing and the manufacturing team on production plans, goals and product innovations.
- Provide input and consistent support to R&D, Sales, Manufacturing, toll processors, in order to develop effective product launches and maximize resources available. Help implement production process systems that enhance communications and order status visibility.
- Help vet packaging options and set up suppliers and toll packagers, if required.
- Assist plant management in completing cost/benefit analysis for capital project requirements associated with innovative products and determine demand level that would trigger investment in-house vs. toll processing.
- Coordinate proper storage conditions for both Haas and third-party storage.
45% - Third Party Processors:
- Determine if product cannot be processed at Haas and if not, evaluate and select qualified toll processor. Establish relationship, tolling agreements, scheduling requirements, cost impact, etc. Provide feedback and buy in from R&D and Sales.
- Oversees all third-party tolling contracts. Continue to manage the relationships, schedules, and MRP between all toll processors and negotiate fees, create costing models, and ensure a competitive price. Renegotiate prices annually or as required by tolling agreement.
- Inspects and evaluates third-party processes for quality, safety, and food safety issues. Communicates problems or obstacles to VP, Manufacturing, R&D, Sales, and Quality.
5% - Other duties as assigned
Conditions of Employment:
- Must comply with all John I. Haas, Inc. policies and procedures including successful passing of pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Work a 40 hour work week with flexibility to work additional hours as needed.
- Must comply with our Integrated Management System (IMS) and be trained on procedures applicable to the requirements of the position, including managing significant quality, environmental, and food safety aspects.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, business, or a related field OR management experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Extensive manufacturing knowledge and understanding of Food Safety and FDA regulations.
- Extensive hands-on experience in a complex (Make-to-Stock and Make-to-Order) planning environment within the process industry segment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong and demonstrated project management skills. Ability to run high-profile, complex projects using Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Experience budgeting and adhering to budgetary constraints. Financial acumen, ability to calculate cost benefit analysis and ROI, and help to identify financial and/or efficiency savings in functional areas.
- Experience building successful business cases for proposed changes.
- Proficient with ERP Systems.
- Experience in manufacturing
Pay: $84,160 to $126,240 per year with a target starting salary of $84,160 to $105,200. Please keep in mind this range represents the range for all positions in the pay grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including experience and if applicable, location.
- 401(k) + matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Dependent care account
- Life, long-term care, long-term disability, and ad&d insurance
- 14 ½ Holidays (3 of which are “floaters” to be used when agreed to by supervisor and employee)
- Vacation: 2-week accrual rate when hired
- Sick leave: 80 hours frontloaded at beginning of calendar year, pro-rated based on start date; carryover of up to 120 hours (from one calendar year to the next) resulting in a maximum allowable accumulation of 200 hours.
- Accredited Course/Education Reimbursement
- Potential discretionary bonus depending on company performance and individual goal completion
This form indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this job title. It is not designed to contain nor should it be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of all employees with this job title.