Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
Grand Rapids, MI
WOOD-TV, WOTV-TV, and WXSP-TV is looking for an experienced newsroom leader to take on a main anchor role at a dominant station in a dynamic market. The anchor needs to be a leader, a teacher, a big J journalist and storyteller. This is a position that calls for experience and maturity.
Grand Rapids and the surrounding cities offer an unparalleled quality of life. The ideal candidate should consider a long-term commitment to being in this community. You can learn more about the community at https://hellowestmichigan.com/.
- Must have solid vocal delivery and engaging camera presence.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have the ability to field anchor major events with or without a prompter.
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics and use of digital and social media platforms.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism or related degree.
- Eight years television anchoring.
- Understand importance of social media.
- Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel.
- Superior on-air presence.
- Excellent news judgement with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers, and issues.