Non-Conforming Materials Clerk
WHO WE ARE
We’re a global team of over 25,000 engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and sustaining service experts who partner with customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service.
From surgical devices and health monitors to warehouse robotics and space products, we partner with our customers to help create the products that build a better world.
Whether you’re looking to start, make a change or advance your career, find your path at Plexus Corp. and make an impact.
WHY WE LOVE IT
Engaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that inspire and empower you to realize your full potential. Leadership and development programs to support your career goals.
We believe that our people create our best Plexus. At Plexus, we value the ideas generated by our collective uniqueness and recognize that the diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives of our team members enable us to create the innovative products that build a better world. Because of this, we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to our positions, and will look at candidates holistically, balancing work, education and additional experiences.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT
Purpose Statement: Responsible for the administration of all non-conforming materials (NCM) procedures to include; coordinating Material Review Board (MRB) meetings, inventorying non-conforming material, serving as a liaison between Plexus and the suppliers, and ensuring that non-conforming material disposition mandates are carried out correctly.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Coordinate any necessary repairs to defective parts to ensure corrective measures are taken.
- Coordinate MRB meetings on a weekly basis to review the disposition for non-conforming materials.
- Issue a Supplier Corrective Action Request (SCAR) letter to suppliers to inform the supplier of non-conforming material occurrences in order to control the supplier rating conformance reports to maintain quality parts from supplier. Coordinate Failure Analysis (FA).
- Maintain correct inventory on all parts for assemblies to accurately track in-house part stock.
- Release repaired material to the appropriate department for production continuance or to the shipping department to ensure NCM material is returned to the supplier. Create all shipping PO/DM paperwork.
- Log in Non-Conforming Material Discrepancy Report (NCMDR) information into the computer system to maintain current information on defective parts.
- Review, file, and distribute proper documentation regarding defective parts to appropriate departments to process or return defective parts.
- Review all non-conforming materials from production or receiving and verify the information associated with the material is accurate to ensure proper processing of the material.
- Ensure all NCM materials are in a secured designated NCM lock up area on the production floor or warehouse to ensure items are not used for production purposes.
- Verify the price of all NCM parts in inventory to aid with the decision making process of the MRB and to assure all returns are sent to the correct supplier.
- Issue the NCM, in a timely manner, to the correct administration group’s area for dispositioning.
- File all necessary documentation regarding NCM, for review to obtain pertinent information for future assemblies.
- Copy all necessary documentation and distribute it to the proper departments to ensure correct information is received by production in order to maintain an efficient production process.
- Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a High School diploma is required; an Associate’s degree is preferred.
- One (1) year of related experience is required; Two (2) or more years of related experience is preferred.
- Required to successfully complete all internal training courses offered by the company necessary to the job.
- Literacy of computer packages such as Microsoft Office and J.D. Edwards
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Organizational skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail, and a positive attitude
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work alone or in a team environment
- Personal computer, printer, telephone, copier, calculator, pallet jack, dolly
- Static control smock, packaging, spray and wrist/foot straps
- The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement. Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today! Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees. ID:uDnQdo