North America Maintenance Technician
This position requires a mechanical aptitude and the ability to perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment installation, repair and replacement of lab and facility equipment.
• Make visual inspections of facility operations ensuring that operational problems have been located and corrected.
• Specific equipment inspections (boiler, chiller, and compressors)
• Manage facility upgrades (request quotes, manage contractors, schedule/coordinate)
• Custom design and fabrication work (custom built testing apparatuses)
• Welding and hot work
• Train lab technicians on maintenance shop equipment
• Inspect and maintain building systems (heating, ventilation, water softener/filtration etc.)
• Monitor inventory of materials and equipment
• Troubleshoot and install programmable controllers and associated components (high and low voltage, PLCs, and VFDs)
• Participate in coordination and commissioning of projects
• Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations (scissor lifts, fork trucks, ladder, etc.)
• Equipment overhauls, rebuilds, and retrofit/modernizing
• Record keeping of repair and maintenance logs
• Perform other related duties as per the direction of facilities management
Requirements and skills:
• Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
• Proven experience as maintenance lead or similar role for at least 5 years
• Strong technical knowledge of all types of mechanical and electrical equipment
• Self-starter and independent worker
• Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as priorities change
• Excellent planning and leadership abilities
• Highly organized with great attention to detail
• Computer with experience in Microsoft Office (and SAP a plus)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Occasional manual lifting up to 50 pounds
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.