NWROS Transition Manager
Elmendorf Afb, AK
Country:United States of America
Location:AK502: Elmendorf AFB 11575 Sijan Avenue P.O. Box 6904, Elmendorf AFB, AK, 99506 USA
The position you are applying for is with Vertex Technology & Training Solutions which was formerly Raytheon Global Training & Logistics.
Vertex Aerospace LLC acquired Raytheon Global Training & Logistics in December 2021.
NWROS Transition Manager
Raytheon currently has an opportunity for an experienced professional serving as the Transition Manager in the performance of contract responsibilities in support of the Northwest Range Operations and Sustainment (NWROS) contract, Joint Pacific Range Complex (JPARC) in Eielson, AK.
The Transition Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Program Transition to include working with the COR, the incoming capture team and current prime contractor to finalize the plan, coordinate with all stake holders and monitor execution of key tasks to ensure a seamless transition of the contract.
NWROS provides integrated range operations, maintenance, and sustainment in support of joint air and ground combat training and testing for the Unites State Air Force’s (USAF) Headquarters (HQ) Pacific Air Command (PACAF) at the Joint Pacific Alaska Range Complex (JPARC) and select deployed locations within PACAF’s Area of Responsibility (AOR) The NWROS is a turnkey, comprehensive support contract that facilitates sustainment/ maintenance of range facilities, planning and execution of exercise and/or daily training mission support and Live-Virtual and Constructive (LVC) integration in support of training. Key tasks include:
- Develop and coordinate comprehensive transition plan that covers all facets of the contract support: range and facility maintenance, exercise planning and support, daily range operations and 100% joint inventories/property management.
- Create Integrated Master Schedule for transition.
- Monitor execution of transition plan, identify delays/issues and adjust as necessary to complete all tasks on time.
- Coordinate with COR and current prime contractor leadership to identify issues that will bridge the two contracts. ensuring continuity of effort on major projects.
- Participate in contract kick off meeting, daily/weekly updates and other required events as required.
- Coordinate execution of IMS with incoming Program leadership.
- Complete all required reporting.
- Assist PM in supervising the performance of contractual responsibilities.
- Assists the PM in completing interviews/final staffing decisions during the transition period.
- Minimum of 10 years of Project Management Experience in change management and able to analyze situations to determine second and third order effects.
- Ability to obtain/retain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to timely implement new solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct presentations in front of senior level management and customers.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on MS Project.
- Strong inter-personal skills and demonstrated ability to work across diverse groups of people and at all levels of an organization.
- Reside near or be willing to temporarily relocate to the vicinity of Fairbanks/Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska
- Prior experience transitioning major contract.
- 10 years of relevant US Military experience as a senior field grade officer.
- Comprehensive knowledge of exercise design and conversant in Joint Fires, Air and Ground tactics, capabilities and equipment.
- Previous experience working with constructive simulation and LVC-IA systems.
- Previous experience supporting live fire range operations for both direct fire and air delivered munitions.
- Experience supervising/planning range maintenance.
Bachelors’ Degree in Management, Operations, or a related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms