NY Machine Operator I, 12-Hour Nights (6:00pm-6:30am), #4878
LiDestri Foods and Drink
About LiDestri Food and Drink
LiDestri Food and Drink has grown from our roots as a pasta sauce and salsa manufacturer to become an R&D engine, formulating and producing innovative food and beverage products for our national and retailer brand partners. A family-run company based in Rochester, NY, LiDestri employs over 1,200 people across five U.S. locations. We have decades-long partnerships with some of the most respected consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies and the most highly inventive retailer brands.
Excellent Pay and Benefits:
- Great career-pathing
- Professional development, including unlimited online training courses
- Health insurance with premium contributions
- Dental, vision, HSA
- 100% company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- 401k – with employer match
- Paid time off to include- vacation, sick pay, wellness time off, and 10 holidays
- Company bonuses
- And many more….
- Safely operate machinery with maximum efficiency, while maintaining product quality and following regulatory and company guidelines for sanitation and safety
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate machinery, to include machine set-up, operation, change overs, and troubleshooting, to detect product (raw or finished) defects or machine malfunctions, adjusting machines as necessary;
- Maintain GMP (good housekeeping) standards at and around machinery;
- Perform SOP’s for machinery in assigned area;
- Cross training or training on equipment as defined by manager;
- Maintain accurate document documentation;
- Maintain and issue raw materials into assigned work orders;
- Work in a safe manner, consistent with company safety rules and regulations;
- Maintain good attendance record per company policy;
- Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Proficient in operating up to 2 production machines, including operation, set-ups, change overs and troubleshooting of multiple machines;
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (bump cap, hair net, ear plugs, beard net (if applicable), Kevlar gloves, safety glasses and leather, skid resistant work shoes/boots;
- Ability to apply basic computer and communication skills, math functions and reasoning;
- Ability to use various hand tools (knife, water house, band cutters, can opener, scales, Telnet scanners, various small hand tools as required for position/product testing);
- Previous experience operating a forklift (for applicable work areas);
- Lock out/tag out certified;
- Possess a continuous improvement and team orientated mind set.
- Constant exposure to extreme loud noises;
- Constant work in high places and near moving mechanical parts;
- Constant standing and moving by foot;
- Constant exposure to extreme hot/cold (non-weather) environment;
- Frequent lifting/carrying <50 pounds, reaching and use of fingers;
- Frequent use of hot/cold water hoses;
- Frequent reaching/pulling/bending/climbing stairs/stooping/kneeling/bending;
- Occasional lifting >50 pounds;
- Potential exposure to caustic chemical.
DISCLAIMER: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed and is not an inclusive summary of job duties and responsibilities. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.
Employee Value Proposition
Our purpose and our promise is to actively nourish at every touchpoint; this starts with nourishing our workforce and extends to nourishing our many communities. We provide a safe and respectful environment, meaningful careers, awesome benefits, a world class wellness program… all of which inspire unity and collaboration amongst our LiDestri “family”.