Oceanographic Engineer – Marine
Fugro USA Land
The Oceanographic Engineer will work primarily offshore and be responsible for the setup and operation of oceanographic equipment and instrumentation on projects of low to medium complexity and assist with the execution of oceanographic fieldwork.
- Lead by example and place Quality, Health & Safety, Security, and the protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers, or the communities in which we live and work at risk.
- Ensure all activities are conducted in conformance with the company’s HSE and QA systems.
- Assist with deployment, recovery, and servicing of oceanographic equipment world-wide including planning and support to project managers.
- Assist with the commissioning, installation, and maintenance of real-time measurement systems, comprising both oceanographic and meteorological sensors.
- Undertake the maintenance, repairs, and calibration of oceanographic equipment which requires a high level of health, safety, and environmental awareness that meets or exceeds industry standards.
- Technical coordinator of selected instrumentation. This may include writing of technical papers or summaries, field trials of instrumentation, etc.
- Party Chief responsible for selected site work.
- Carrying out administrative duties that include being responsible for maintaining equipment and instrumentation logs as applicable.
- Appropriate quality control of oceanographic data
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Possess current driver’s license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Possess the ability to obtain a valid passport for international travel.
- Possess a Bachelor’s/Masters in Oceanography, Ocean Engineering, Marine Science, or other.
- Knowledge of various Metocean standards.
- Understanding and knowledge of Metocean procedures and standards.
- Must be able to meet physical demands, including heavy lifting.
- Must be able to travel world-wide, with experience of working safely in the challenging offshore environment.
- Perform work from an offshore floating vessel.
- Must be able to work offshore for up to 30 days or more at a time and be able to travel.
- Have or be able to obtain and maintain offshore work/safety certifications, including UKOOA/OGUK physical and other offshore requirements.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic knowledge of electricity, electronics, networking, instrumentation
What’s in it for you?
At Fugro, our people are truly our number one priority and are central to our purpose to create a safe and livable world. Our values set the foundation for our unique culture: we are determined to deliver, we prepare for tomorrow, we do what’s right, and we build trust. Our talent philosophy is seeded by our values and fueled by a passion for learning, developing leadership behaviors, transparency, and accountability.
Fugro offers opportunities to sharpen skills and provide career growth through on-the-job learning experiences, LinkedIn Learning access, business and technical training, and leadership development programs.
We value the mental, physical, and financial health of our employees and their families and offer a variety of flexible work models. Additionally, Fugro USA’s comprehensive benefits package ensures you have choices that fit your needs at any life stage.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.